I downloaded Vlingo 3 from vlingo.com the other day to replace version 2 (which I originally downloaded from App World). When I came to use it a couple of days later I found that the right convenience key didn't activate the programme. Figuring that it didn't automatically use the v2.0 settings, I went into my applications folder and clicked on the Vlingo icon to pen it and run set up. Nothing happened, and still nothing after a reboot. I unsinstalled and re-installed, still the same. Checked permissions - all ok but still the prog wouldn't open. Went to app world to try and reinstall from there, but every time I press the reinstall button App World returns an error (a "having trouble connecting to the App World server" type message, even though the connection is fine - I know that because I upgraded Facebook ok at the same time). I have tried to contact Vlingo support, but three days later have not heard a peep from them, so I thought I'd consult the experts! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    05-12-09 03:32 AM
    the exact same thing had happened to me, simply nothing happens when i try and open the app, re-booting, downloading again and still its the same! =[
    05-13-09 10:18 AM
    I downloaded it this morning with no issues at all. Just checked to make sure and its version 3.0
    05-13-09 11:53 AM
    Have you guys installed the app previously on your current phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:30 PM
    Hi folks,

Thanks to some assistance from a few very helpful users in the U.K., we've been able to isolate the problem. There's a bug in Vlingo 3.0 that causes the application to crash when it's run on networks in the U.K. The bug should not affect users in the U.S. or any other country.

The symptom is that when you click on the Vlingo icon to open the application, it won't open. At best, you might see it flash for a fraction of a second before going back to your original screen.

Our engineers are currently working on a fix. When it's available, we'll post another reply to this thread.

Steve
    Vlingo Support
    05-13-09 02:30 PM
    Have you guys installed the app previously on your current phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No its my first time installing.

Hi folks,

Thanks to some assistance from a few very helpful users in the U.K., we've been able to isolate the problem. There's a bug in Vlingo 3.0 that causes the application to crash when it's run on networks in the U.K. The bug should not affect users in the U.S. or any other country.

The symptom is that when you click on the Vlingo icon to open the application, it won't open. At best, you might see it flash for a fraction of a second before going back to your original screen.

Our engineers are currently working on a fix. When it's available, we'll post another reply to this thread.

Steve
    Vlingo Support
    Well there goes your answer. Thanks for the quick support hope it helps these guys and gals out.
    05-13-09 02:46 PM
    Hi folks,

I mentioned we'd post back to this thread when a fix became available. We published a fix yesterday and feedback has been universally positive so we're now distributing it more broadly.

Regardless of where you originally downloaded Vlingo from, you can download a patched version (3.0.1) by pointing your BlackBerry's built-in browser to vlingo.com.

This will download the free version of Vlingo to your BlackBerry and if you only want to use the free version, you will be ready to go.

You can not yet download the fix from App World. We’ve submitted it to RIM (BlackBerry) for approval, but are told this will take from 3 to 8 days to become available. When it is, you should see a red star next to Vlingo's entry in My World.

If you had purchased Vlingo Plus, you may need to restore your Plus status. Speak 'Send email'. If you're presented with an upgrade screen, you'll need to restore. Click the ‘Get Vlingo Plus’ button, then click on ‘Activate Vlingo Plus’. If you had purchased from Handango, enter the registration key you received in the order confirmation email from Handango. If you had purchased from BlackBerry App World, enter ‘Vlingo’ as your registration key (this will only work if you've purchased via App World - sorry, no freebies here!!)

If you no longer have the registration key or it doesn’t work, fill out our support form (argh.. I can't post the URL - go to vlingo.com, click the Support tab, click the BlackBerry FAQ, and scroll down to 'Contacting Vlingo'). Please enter “VPPROJ-2188 - need to restore Plus status” in the Summary field. In the Message field, enter (a) your BlackBerry's PIN (it's under BB Options -> Status); (b) your order confirmation number (from the email you received from Handango or App World); (c) the email address you used to make your purchase; and (d) the registration key you received in the confirmation email.

Steve @ Vlingo
    05-20-09 09:36 AM
    Sorted now at my end. Thanks Steve.
    05-20-09 03:11 PM
    Hi,
    I purchased Vlingo 3.0 Plus from handango.com and was sent an email confirmation with the registration key: Error. I have sent several emails to vlingo support and they keep sending me that same emails! They can't seem to send me a valid confirmation key that works! I am using Vlingo 3.0 and waiting to hear from Vlingo support. Good luck to everyone
    06-07-09 04:16 PM
    The 'registration key: Error' problem should not affect your purchase. Vlingo Plus should be immediately active without any further action on your part. Aside from not receiving a registration key in the email you received from Handango, there is no further impact. If you do need your registration key at some point in the future, contact either Handango or Vlingo and we'll send it to you.

This problem has been fixed as of earlier this morning.

Steve @ Vlingo
    06-08-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD