Am i the only one having issues with visual voicemail not asking to input a password everytime you access it to listen to your messages. I already set up a password with it but it allows to just go in my inbox and listen to the messages without requiring me to input the passoword.
    08-26-09 05:10 PM
    If its on your phone, why do you need a pw? It assumes that if the user has gotten past the device password, a second pw for vvm is not needed as you can only access vvm from the device unlike regular voicemail where anyone can call in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 05:44 PM
    I don't think you need to enter your password unless you are checking your voicemail from a different phone.

If you want to check your voicemail from another phone, call your mobile number, and when the voicemail comes on, press * and then enter your password.

I never had to enter a password to check my regular voicemails from my Blackberry. I just called my voicemail. I did have to enter a password if I was calling to check my voicemail from another phone.

It would really be a pain to have to enter a password each time you want to check your voicemails from your Blackberry.
    08-26-09 05:45 PM
    Its for security reasons and privacy. With the way how it is now by just allowing you to go into the VVM menu and play a voicemail without giving you the option to input a password anyone can access your private messages. I thought there was an option to do this like with the old way of accessing your voicemail. Not everyone sees it as a hassle to input a password everytime they need to listen to a voicemail. The keyword here is option and it seems like VVM doesn't give you the option to password protect voicemails from the vvm menu.
    08-26-09 05:51 PM
    Its for security reasons and privacy. With the way how it is now by just allowing you to go into the VVM menu and play a voicemail without giving you the option to input a password anyone can access your private messages. I thought there was an option to do this like with the old way of accessing your voicemail. Not everyone sees it as a hassle to input a password everytime they need to listen to a voicemail. The keyword here is option and it seems like VVM doesn't give you the option to password protect voicemails from the vvm menu.
    Why don't you just use a password on your phone? Then nobody except you can use any feature on your phone.
    08-26-09 05:52 PM
    Why don't you just use a password on your phone? Then nobody except you can use any feature on your phone.
    i think i might have to now if i continue to use vvm as it doesn't password protect your voicemails. Either that or deleting VVM.
    08-26-09 05:59 PM
    I don't see why only voicemails would need a password. I wouldn't want other people reading my emails or text messages either.

I would either password protect everything or nothing at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 06:05 PM
    i think i might have to now if i continue to use vvm as it doesn't password protect your voicemails. Either that or deleting VVM.
    It is the same as the iPhone and I believe the Storm is the same also. You login once and you are set to look at your voicemail whenever you want. Makes it less of a hassle. I suggest password protecting your device (surprised you don't already if you are worried bout security).
    08-26-09 06:10 PM
    Mine keeps telling me its invalid im on the phone with ATT now they dont know anything about it though. I dont get how its invalid when i set it.
    08-26-09 06:15 PM
    There is no difference between vvm and any other content on your phone, once the device is unlocked via a password (if you have one set) then all content is equally visible. Why have a second password for vvm and not email or sms or mms or pictures or, contacts or any other app data with the exception of password keeper? It doesnt make sense. Since you are the user, it is assumed that once you unlock the device, you'll want everything to be visible. Set a password and protect all your data, not just vvm.
    08-26-09 08:10 PM
    Mine keeps telling me its invalid im on the phone with ATT now they dont know anything about it though. I dont get how its invalid when i set it.
    was there ever a fix to this? i'm having the same problem.
    10-07-09 04:04 AM
    im more worried about the contacts i had in my phone... i dont do drug trafficing on via my vm any more (it was a joke FBI)

if ur that worried about the password for vvm, delete it... u can still access ur vm by holding the 1 key then input ur password...

Nabiscuit & B_bold...
    after number OS changes (5 in 1 night-wanted bbm 5.0 back) i had to go through vm to change my password again... then it was alright
    10-07-09 01:42 PM
    I placed a thread on this problem also, still no answer.

I have been using the VVM since the upgraded OS. have had no problem, never entered or been asked about a password.
    now when i go to the VVM its asking for a password, which I dont have or know..how do you find the password or change it??

now when someone calls, and leaves a voicemail, i just get the prompt on my screen to enter password for the VVM..
    i can call the voicemail and get the messages.(without using a password)

any ideas?? I'm thinking about removing it from ATT profile, and re-entering it...

(EDIT)..well digging around some more i found on my ATT account (on-line) how to reset my password..so i was able to reset and get my VVM working again...but dont know why it asked for one to begin with!...
    Last edited by wrusprod; 10-07-09 at 09:31 PM. Reason: update to post
    10-07-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD