I just picked up a Tmobile 9700, previously having owned an 8900.

On the 8900, visual voicemail worked with no problem. On the 9700, I can't get visual voicemail to work. I have tried removing and re-adding the service via the Tmo website, to no avail. I've also tried various battery pulls between removing and adding the service, again with no luck.

The arrows in the right hand corner indicate a transmission when I choose reconcile now. Same when I try to make a new greeting. However, no messages ever arrive, and the new greeting is never played when I dial my cell number.

Suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 03:21 AM
    Call tmobile And have them add it om ur plan. Its not activated properly.

06-27-10 07:20 AM
    Yep, have to call in order to have it work right...they have to activate it.

06-27-10 08:07 AM
    Did you go through the setup? On first launch it should ask you to call your vm... Are the pilot numbers correct and do you have a data plan? What OS?

Last edited by shansmi; 06-27-10 at 10:19 AM.
    06-27-10 10:16 AM
    06-27-10 10:17 AM
    Did you go through the setup? On first launch it should ask you to call your vm... Are the pilot numbers correct and do you have a data plan? What OS?

Because the settings transferred from my 8900 (I am guessing), I wasn't presented with a setup screen. I do have a data plan, and all other data is working well.

I spoke to TMobile this morning, and they were unable to shed any light on the situation. They want to escalate the problem.
    06-27-10 11:38 AM
    T-Mobile has been having issues with transferring user from one Blackberry to another and with unsupported Blackberrys. This may be part of your issue.
    06-27-10 11:43 AM
    Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I was able to solve the problem myself this afternoon. I wiped the phone, and then restored from a backup. After doing that, visual voicemail started working.

For clarification, I used the device switch wizard to move everything from my 8900 to 9700. When visual voicemail didn't work after, I did the above.
    06-27-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD