I am having memory issues with my BB Bold 9000. Desktop Manager says there is an OS upgrade needed, but I do not have free space to download it. I have a memory card with a ton of space, but apparently OS can't be on the memory card. I have had my Bold for almost 2 years and never missed Visual Voice mail. I am considering removing it to free space for the OS download. Is there anything I need to know about VVM before uninstalling it?
    Thanks!
    07-27-11 03:01 PM
    prolly have to call AT&T and get them to reset your voicemail like I did when I deleted it because I hate VVM
    skibuz likes this.
    07-27-11 03:19 PM
    Not necessary. VVM is a complete waste of your resources. Remove it and let your Blackberry handle voice mail notifications, its designed for that. VVM is AT&T Garbage.
    skibuz likes this.
    07-27-11 03:54 PM
    Well I tried to remove it with Desktop Manager and it says it's 'required'. Bummer. I'll have to find something else to remove, unless someone knows how to remove it otherwise.....
    07-27-11 04:18 PM
    The best thing is make a backup from ya bb with DM and then a backup with BBSAK from all ya app. Then instal this OS it is my new hybrid it has super fast internet browser and no Mem leaks. I delete all not necessary things from it. You will see your bb runs very smooth after update put back all ya app and with selective copy your personal stuff from your DM backup not everything.

I recommend uninstalling any other OSís from your computer and running CCleaner (both file and registry with all options selected other than ďwipe free spaceĒ) to ensure a clean install.

How to install
    - Disable phone password

- (IMPORTANT!!) Make a back-up of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software and use BBSAK for your Applications backup

- Install DelftEo BB9000 v6.1 using the installer package

This installer is total compleet it contains all, Modem drivers, usb drivers, Apploader, Wipe.
    It is the same like the original RIM software
    When installed this hybrid AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP you can find the wipe software in C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Research In Motion\
    Wipe your BB and use the loader.exe you find at your desktop to load this upgrade.
    For other way you can install this hybrid and use Blackberry Desktop software to upgrade he wil see the upgrade.

This build consists of: 5.0.0.1079/5.0.0.1082/6.0.0.600
    Platform: 5.2.0.95 bundle 1748
    - Includes Half and Half 1079/1082/6.0.0.600 Java
    - Supports all languages!
    - Includes updated Precision Zen 7 v3 lite theme (v10.23.2300)
    - Blackberry Messenger (5.0.3.22)
    - GMail Plugin (v2.0.0.46)
    - Documents2Go (v2.0005.105)
    - Appworld (v2.1.2.19)

- Extra Apps Include: Whatsapp, Foursquare (1.9.96), Weathereye (v2.0.2.6)

The first couple reboots will take a longer than normal, specifically the first one. Battery life may not be optimal until the device settles. If you have it loaded and are experiencing problems, consider wiping and reloading.

About Screen/Help Screen
    V5.0.0.1079 bundle 1748 platform 5.2.0.95
    Many thanks to JSL for his JSL 9000 v6.0

Download Here
    DelftEo BB9000 V6.1

Precision7 v3 theme

Enjoy DelftEo
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by delfteo; 07-27-11 at 06:58 PM.
    07-27-11 06:25 PM
    WOW! That looks like a MAJOR update/change!! It may be a little over my head and comfort zone. Have lots of others used this successfully?
    07-27-11 06:42 PM
    Read topics

I just installed the Hybrid myself, never done it before, wiped my BB and install went off without a hitch, smooth as can be. Internet is 10x faster, not sure what other upgrades to look for, but all in all it seems to be working perfectly well. Good job on your first installer. Thanks!

Rob
    07-27-11 06:54 PM
    Not necessary. VVM is a complete waste of your resources. Remove it and let your Blackberry handle voice mail notifications, its designed for that. VVM is AT&T Garbage.
    I disagree completely. I love VVM on my AT&T 9700.
    07-27-11 08:04 PM
    I disagree completely. I love VVM on my AT&T 9700.

Maybe you should post that in the 9700 forum or get a 9000 and come back and tell us about it then.

BlackBerry 9000 & Tapatalk
    07-27-11 09:38 PM
    Just install BBSAK and delete the vvm CODS. That's the easiest. No muss, no fuss.
    07-28-11 07:36 AM
    blueyestm,
    I've spent time researching BBSAK and viewing the YouTube tutorials. I have installed the BBSAK v1.9.11 and my Desktop Manager is v6.1.0.35.
    I have connected and saved the 3rd party apps and made a copy of the CODS.

IF I understand your post, I am to remove all of the vvm CODS. I see 6 of them:

net_rim_bb_vvm_settings.lib
    _resources.en
    _resource
    _help_en
    _alu_http_lib
    _vvm

Do I delete ALL of these? Will that remove Visual Voice Mail from my Bold 9000?

Is there anything else I need to know before I proceed?
    Thank you very much for your help!!
    07-28-11 02:34 PM
    I went ahead and removed all 6 of the files above. My Bold rebooted and I have gained almost 11 MB of memory. HOWEVER, when I pull up the Core Apps, it still shows Visual Voice Mail. And I hadn't noticed this before, but it shows only 5 'Modules" (instead of the 6 I found on BBSAK). The _settings.lib was NOT included. Is this OK? I no longer have the VVM icon.
    Thanks again!
    07-28-11 03:05 PM
    You may be able to find some more apps (modules) or (module groups) you can yank out as well. I usually go through all the modules and ditch what I don't. You can search the web if you find some your not sure about.

Backup your phone before you go plucking out modules.

Good luck.

Looks like Delfteo did a pretty good job of scooping out the crap with his hybrid. It works super nice too.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 07-28-11 at 09:22 PM.
    07-28-11 09:03 PM
    Thank you. I have a bunch of 'icons' on my Bold that I have never used....like:
    Maps+Nav, AT&T Mobile Web, Mobile Video, AT&T Mall, AT&T Music, Yellow Pages.com mobile. I don't see them in my 3rd party apps so are they taking any space? I'm just looking for a way to free up some space.
    Are you familiar with the various 'tethering' apps? I am considering using one of them.
    07-28-11 09:13 PM
    I like to put all my useful apps in the home folder and hide all the icons that are BS. If you don't get them organized they will dive you bananas.

I haven't used any of the tethering apps. Just make sure you research them well so you don't end up with junk.

If you REALLY want to organize your phone and make it easier to use then look into getting Quicklaunch. Rimm should just buy that and make it standard issue on all blackberry phones.
    07-28-11 10:05 PM
    So are all those unused apps taking up space that I can recover? Or are they just icons taking up screen space. Since I've had my Bold 9000 now for almost 2 years, if I haven't needed them by now, I probably don't need them........
    07-28-11 10:34 PM
    all those apps you mention are pushed from att, its only like a couple kb if that, just put them all in a folder and hide them. nothing you can do about them and if you delete them they will come back when you get new service books.
    07-29-11 06:49 AM
    Thanks, I can do that. It's just frustrating that I have this big media card that is practically empty and I'm having to scrounge around to create memory to add a few apps or do a Desktop Manager recommended OS update.
    I appreciate your help!
    07-29-11 07:40 AM
    which is why I don't update my phone if its working lol
    07-29-11 07:57 AM
    I wonder if a 'newer and better model' might have more memory for OS and apps? It appears my Bold 9000 has only 859.2 MB (with 19.5 MB free). Where I have 5.8 GB free on my Media card.
    07-29-11 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD