Updated last night, got error 507 on reboot. Battery pull fixed that and all is good. Not sure whats new other than led notify, but boot seems much faster and os smoother. If it does nothing more, im happy.
    02-23-13 09:42 AM
    This update broke BBM on my 9930. I can send message out to everyone on my list but never get any messages back. I was excited to get away from the POS 755. First issue I've ever had with an official or leaked OS. Never had an issue on 9700 upgrading. Tried seemingly everything from downgrading to 580 to removing BBM and upgrading right back to 7.1.126. Everything else works but BBM still broke. Anyone ever experience this with BBM? Thinking I might have to wipe and start fresh. I can't add people either on BBM (likely because I can't get any messages back into BBM. Stays in Pending authorization status). I'll likely upgrade back to 861 since everything worked except BBM. The memory leak in 755 was horrible so hoping that is fixed.
    02-24-13 05:10 PM
    i tried .861, but i fell back to .755. i have quicklaunch, and i use the gps toggle function. in .861, the toggle would turn on, but it wouldn't turn off. I don't recall if the option for "GPS Data Source" was there...it may have been, just can't recall. My yahoo contacts also stopped syncing wirelessly, but that may have happened prior to this upgrade, since i still can't sync since falling back to .755. .861 seemed to run fine tho...boot time seemed to be quicker
    02-26-13 06:47 PM
    Bunch of jokesters in Nigeria.... In order to download new software, I will mail you a check for $1,000 that you will need to deposit and mail back to me via Western Union....
    LOL!!! I did download it successfully form:
    Official OS 7.1.0.861 for BlackBerry Bold 9930 from Visafone – Nigeria - BlackBerry News AppKita

Keith
    02-28-13 02:35 PM
    Happy camper. Had to 'warranty' my old 9930, my microphone probably got all crudded up, blocking incoming sound, causing the people at the other side of the line complain about not being able to understand me well.

Backed up my old phone before switching out the battery / sd card, etc. then restored it - the DM complained about a number of .cod files being overwritten / having issues with. After everything was restored, i could no longer start Twitter - after a timeout of about 2 mins it would come back with a 'java lang exception'.

So found this version; installed it, deleted the vendor.xml (not sure if that's still necessary, but did so in the past), and after a while my new (refurbished) 9930 has the latest software.

I like the ability to change led notification colors, indeed the password keeper app now has lines between two entries in the list, and the 'switch applications' word shows up when switching apps. I'm sure there's a bunch of other smaller fixes here and there.

Not sure now if i should order the Z10 -- the as-good-as-new keyboard feels very very nice....
    03-15-13 01:41 PM
    No bueno. Installed, gmail plug in didn't work and getting a corrupt backup file each time I reboot.
    03-24-13 01:56 PM
    Can someone running this OS, who also uses the Evernote app, check something? I can't see any images within notes now. I suspect this OS could be the culprit, as it had been working fine in the past. As far as I can tell, all web clips with images and snapshot notes show boxes with a red 'x' where the images should be. Thanks.
    04-02-13 11:40 PM
    Can someone running this OS, who also uses the Evernote app, check something? I can't see any images within notes now. I suspect this OS could be the culprit, as it had been working fine in the past. As far as I can tell, all web clips with images and snapshot notes show boxes with a red 'x' where the images should be. Thanks.
    Can someone please chime in with "I have this problem in Evernote on this OS," or "I don't"? Thanks!
    04-04-13 02:04 PM
    I have this OS and the latest version of Evernote from AppWorld... the notes I have in my account with images show up without any problems.
    04-04-13 02:34 PM
    I have this OS and the latest version of Evernote from AppWorld... the notes I have in my account with images show up without any problems.
    Thanks.
    04-05-13 05:07 PM
    How is everyone liking this OS version ?
    04-07-13 05:56 PM
    Everything works fine in my case. In fact, this is the only version so far that does call diverts correctly on my Telco.
    04-07-13 06:13 PM
    I can't seem to be able to upgrade now, I am stuck in a 507 screen
    I am not new at this but for some reason everytime I try to load the App Loader is blank, it says blackberry desktop software doesnt have bb device software fro the device i have connected.
    04-07-13 06:41 PM
    I can't seem to be able to upgrade now, I am stuck in a 507 screen
    I am not new at this but for some reason everytime I try to load the App Loader is blank, it says blackberry desktop software doesnt have bb device software fro the device i have connected.
    Delete vendor.xml files? I can't think of anything else it could be.
    04-07-13 08:20 PM
    Delete vendor.xml files? I can't think of anything else it could be.
    I did plenty of time, just tried it on my other computer and it seems to be working fine now. (Super weird)
    04-07-13 08:35 PM
    I did plenty of time, just tried it on my other computer and it seems to be working fine now. (Super weird)
    Something that helped me before with a similar situation was uninstalling everything related to BlackBerry on my computer, restarting, running ccleaner multiple times, manually going through the registry and deleting everything BlackBerry related. Pretty tedious but it did help me solve the problem.
    04-09-13 07:09 PM
    I have upgraded my 9930 to this release. All seems well with one exception. Every now and then I get the following error: "Uncaught exception, PushModelScreen called by a nonevent Thread."

Has anybody come across this and knows how to get rid of it?

Thanks

LV
    Last edited by El Vee; 04-14-13 at 07:36 PM.
    04-14-13 05:12 PM
    This update broke BBM on my 9930. I can send message out to everyone on my list but never get any messages back. I was excited to get away from the POS 755. First issue I've ever had with an official or leaked OS. Never had an issue on 9700 upgrading. Tried seemingly everything from downgrading to 580 to removing BBM and upgrading right back to 7.1.126. Everything else works but BBM still broke. Anyone ever experience this with BBM? Thinking I might have to wipe and start fresh. I can't add people either on BBM (likely because I can't get any messages back into BBM. Stays in Pending authorization status). I'll likely upgrade back to 861 since everything worked except BBM. The memory leak in 755 was horrible so hoping that is fixed.
    Will this OS work on my 9900 as well...?
    04-15-13 06:13 AM
    Will this OS work on my 9900 as well...?
    No this OS won't work on your 9900.. But there are higher OS versions for your 9900 in the CrackBerry forums.
    04-15-13 12:20 PM
    I thought this was a good OS, but with experience found some problems. The tally so far:

Pros
    • Better battery
    • Media player bugs finally solved, after 1+ years!

Cons
    • More browser checkerboarding
    • Browser sometimes breaks and fails to render page completely or correctly. Example: finance.google.com; only a reboot cures the problem.
    • Occasionally the browser freezes the phone, and keyboard becomes unresponsive; only a battery pull works to unfreeze
    • Suspect this release killed the viewing of images from within the Evernote app
    • Suspect this OS has a bug that causes due times to sync incorrectly with Remember the Milk via Milksync app

Overall, I'd revert to the previous official Verizon release, except that I found the media player bugs super annoying, and I am leaning towards ditching Blackberry completely right now.
    dimm0k likes this.
    04-26-13 10:28 AM
    I witnessed the browser crashing too! Not sure what actually causes the crash as they seem to be random... one crash was after I had the phone running for almost a month browsing daily and one night it just froze. Haven't had any issue with Evernote and images however...
    04-26-13 01:22 PM
    I was previously using 7.1.0.755 and that browser would always come up with a communication error.. but this OS version, the browser has been working a lot better. A lot less errors.
    05-01-13 08:18 PM
    I was previously using 7.1.0.755 and that browser would always come up with a communication error.. but this OS version, the browser has been working a lot better. A lot less errors.
    Yeah, instead of throwing an error, now the browser just breaks. Pages act like they're loading, but 1 minute passes by with no change. Google Finance does this to me at least once every day or two. Other pages exhibit the problem as well. Only a reboot cures the issue.
    05-03-13 08:01 AM
    I only experience browser crashing twice with this on my 9930, but I have since install Berrylicious Hybrid RC 15.
    I have not experience any crash after installing the hybrid.
    Everything seem fast for me, battery is Okay, hence I got no reason to downgrade. But if browser crash happens, i may have to re-inject broswer cod from .755 and see the effect.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-08-13 10:26 AM
    I only experience browser crashing twice with this on my 9930, but I have since install Berrylicious Hybrid RC 15.
    I have not experience any crash after installing the hybrid.
    Everything seem fast for me, battery is Okay, hence I got no reason to downgrade. But if browser crash happens, i may have to re-inject broswer cod from .755 and see the effect.
    That's the magic of the BL Hybrid Brews for you !!!
    05-08-13 10:29 AM
101 ... 2345