I just switched from a Curve 8310 to the Bold and i am finding that i cant open jpg's or pps (powerpoints). Is there something i have to download to be able to view them? Like when i am looking at the e-mail there is a logo with a question mark next to the file name. Any reason?
    06-08-09 04:28 PM
    Hit menu Key and select get Images or download images or save images.

As for powerpoint Documents to Go even the basic version that usually come son the BOLD will open the PPS file .. again hit menu key and save or open the file attachment.

This is of course when your in the email already.
    06-08-09 05:04 PM
    Hit menu Key and select get Images or download images or save images.

As for powerpoint Documents to Go even the basic version that usually come son the BOLD will open the PPS file .. again hit menu key and save or open the file attachment.

This is of course when your in the email already.
    For the jpg it gives me the option to download attachment, but when i click that it says "You are about to download a file that cannot be viewed on your Blackberry device. Continue?"

Is this just BS and if i download it i will be able to view it? I find it weird that i cant open jpg's right off the bat with the Bold.
    06-08-09 05:09 PM
    make sure you have Blackberry Attachment Service installed through Desktop Manager. or else you won't be able to open attachments
    06-08-09 06:38 PM
    I just sent myself an email with a picture in it and i chose download attachment and chose select here into the picture folder.

I was able to open it and see the picture.

now there was also the option to just open it without downloading it... which i am sure i can do.. np's.

nikolous maybe correct as i have that installed on my BB.

Open up desktop manager and chose to add programs/files and see if Blackberry Attachment Service listed there.

Post back if you need more help.
    06-08-09 07:21 PM
    Blackberry Attachment Service is listed there and i still cannot open jpg's on my phone. The symbol next to the attachment in the e-mail is a question mark and it says i cant view this attachment on my phone. Very frustrating.

Any more advise?
    06-09-09 10:07 AM
    Can anyone help?
    06-09-09 01:13 PM
    Any way to make the phone to load the jpeg automatically when we open an email? I mean, we have 3G and I would think it shouldn't be a problem openning these small images.
    06-09-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD