Just Watched This Video On Youtube. Seems Pretty Simple. Just Ordered A Red Trackpad Online. Installation Seems Pretty Simple. So Im Gonna Give It A Go. Take A Look At The Video Below. From Watching The Video Would You Try?

05-08-10 02:47 PM
    Its easy to, I've done a few of these and it looks great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 06:19 PM
    Yea i wish someone would make some more videos on how to change out housings i mean the backplate where it says "bold" all the way to melting the top cover onto the bezel there is hardly no videos on youtuber for changing out the housings on a 9700??
    05-08-10 08:52 PM
    Yea I seen a lot of nice housing kits online but its piece by piece and I wanna see how to melt the top and all that properly.

05-08-10 10:11 PM
    Yea I seen a lot of nice housing kits online but its piece by piece and I wanna see how to melt the top and all that properly.

Generally you shouldn't have to anymore since all the sites sell them attached now.

05-08-10 11:45 PM
    Well there are some kits on ebay in colors that sw true supplier and cnn don't have and the kit has to be put together from scratch and has to be glued. All kits don't come assembled that's only with sw cnn and true supplier. But I want a clear 9700 and ebay has that but its not put together you have to glue it.

05-09-10 09:58 AM
    To me, the problem with this sort of thing is that it immediately voids your warranty. Otherwise I'd happily do it.

05-09-10 10:08 AM
    To me, the problem with this sort of thing is that it immediately voids your warranty. Otherwise I'd happily do it.

As soon as i get my phones i mod them. i fix phones and computers so voiding my warranty isnt a issue for me
    05-09-10 10:58 AM
    This is the worst instructional video I've ever seen.
    05-09-10 12:33 PM
    This is kewl, i wouldn't do it, but it's still kewl.
    05-09-10 05:57 PM
    Instructional video lacks instruction.
    05-10-10 02:52 AM
    Its easy to, I've done a few of these and it looks great.

you sure?
    any photo?
    05-10-10 09:39 AM
    I dropped my first one in water a few months ago and took it apart with help from the video. It was easy and problem free. Just be careful with the screws, they strip out easily.

05-10-10 10:49 AM
    Instructional video lacks instruction.
    plus juan

10char
    05-10-10 11:10 AM
    Seems easy but it would be good if they actually explained as to what they are doing or some captions in the video as to what they are doing exactly. I've been dying to do this but afraid that I'll just ruin it. If there was a better video like how cnn does it then I'd give it a try as I want my trackpad to be either a red or green.

Hopefully the 8520 trackpad unit is the same as the 9700 as I got an 8520 that's for spare parts due to some partial water damage.

Thanks for sharing tho!

05-10-10 11:37 AM
    The 8520 and 9700 both have the same trackpad sizing so it would work. That's the only video I seen online. If I see a updated one I will post and change the heading.

05-10-10 01:34 PM
    i got a blue one just today and another trackpad for the 9700.

just weird its on and everything but it doesnt move unless i put a piece of cloth over the blue trackpad hat. put the original one back on and works fine with my finger.

any ideas to whats goin on?
    07-06-10 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD