Each video file seems to have a bookmark shown in the file properties, that it jumps to every time you start watching it.

I seem to have managed to set this on a few of my files but I've no idea how....

How do you set it....?

BTW thanks to all the people who have responded to my other daft newbie questions.
    07-05-09 04:00 AM
    This is getting stranger....

I tried everything to try and set the resume point. Whatever I did it started again at the 'bookmark' point.

Until I did a reset (alt-rightshift-del) then it changed! Not back to zero (as I might have expected) but to the last point I was watching before the reset...

Soooo.... it seems to be somehow remembering the point I was last watching and completely ignoring it until a reset....

I'm confused.

[Of course, if you don't actually exit the media player, it resumes where you were - I've been actually closing it each time (no longer in application switcher)]
    07-06-09 10:26 AM
    Sorry for talking to myself but I'd really rather like to know if this is just my device or if anyone else has noticed this....

Just to be clear. If you are watching a vid, pause it and close the media player (from the menu, so that there is no 'now playing' item in the app switcher), it will not resume where you left off, if you play it again.

This is not a big surprise except that if you close the media player and then do a device reset (or, as I just discovered, click out the media card and re-insert it), then it will resume where you left off.

The stored position is indicated in the file properties as 'video bookmark'.

I suspect that closing the player stores the last position in this property but that this is cached somewhere else and not re-read until there is a reset or the media card is re-scanned (plugging the Bold into a PC, with mass storage enabled, works as well).
    07-06-09 02:00 PM
    I am wondering this too. I want to know how it works. I watch shows on my breaks at work, but the slider is worthless at getting close to where you were. Not only should RIM have made a better media player they should have made a better bookmark option that actually works.
    07-25-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD