I should mention that I forgot to turn on wifi, so it was running on Rogers cell tower speeds, whatever that is. On wifi I clock the speeds around 7 mbps and it seems sometimes faster on wifi. I can make another video showing it run on wifi if you want, but this should give a good idea that it still does everything I need it to.

EDIT: its been years since I used Google Maps on a Blackberry and I could not remember any of the "shortcuts."

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 05-10-16 at 05:01 PM.
    05-10-16 03:27 PM
    Not sure if they had upgraded the 9900 a little.. that it wouldn't have outsold the PRIV.
    05-10-16 03:38 PM
    Not sure if they had upgraded the 9900 a little.. that it wouldn't have outsold the PRIV.
    I would never dare compare a 9900 power-wise to a Priv of course, but I just wanted to show people that are saying "you can't do anything on an older Legacy Device" that you can.

I will be interested to see the new devices this year, hoping they will be released.

05-10-16 04:26 PM
    nice video, haven't seen any 9900 videos in english for decades lol.
    what a sweet device

posted via my Blueberry
    05-10-16 04:54 PM
    sorry double post
    05-10-16 04:55 PM
    nice video, haven't seen any 9900 videos in english for decades lol.
    what a sweet device

posted via my Blueberry
    haha

05-10-16 04:55 PM

Hopefully Priv succeeds in what ever market it was aimed at. What ever that was. If Priv's target was legacy PKB users, it was doomed from the start. Fully half of the reason I still use 9900 is toolbelt and PKB speed-dials & shortcuts. Priv has no real toolbelt and hides keyboard behind screen as if BB's ashamed of it, IMO. What good are PKB speed-dials & shortcuts while keyboard is hidden behind the screen? A fundamental misunderstanding of legacy's "BlackBerry Experience".

I'd bet that quite a few legacy users here would have considered sliding part of the screen behind an always available PKB, instead of Priv's "screen first" solution, to be a no brainer. Sadly BB itself still has no clue what made their most successful device so successful. IMO.

Ralph's comfortably single handed navigation in his video says it all.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-11-16 at 09:34 AM.
    05-11-16 09:20 AM

Ralph's comfortably single handed navigation in his video says it all.
    I'm still wondering what happened to the ones that said "oh you can't do anything on a 9900 except phone calls" basically

05-11-16 11:34 AM
    Hopefully Priv succeeds in what ever market it was aimed at. What ever that was. If Priv's target was legacy PKB users, it was doomed from the start.
    Ultra "high-end" is what they went for with the Priv but if they want to sell them they should chop the price in half. This reminds me of when everyone knew Oldsmobile was going to be killed off and GM kept the prices the same too long and the problem is no one will pay that much for a product that was viewed as a "sinking boat." The Olds dealerships were stuck with a product that no one bought so then the orphaned dealerships ended up sueing GM and it ended up costing BILLIONS! Whereas if they had just kept it....the economy would have eventually "turned around" like it has now in the US, but slowly.

the sale for the "quick buck NOW" is never a good policy for things such as this.

05-11-16 04:14 PM