It just stopped working out of no where. I already tried a battery pull. I checked the profiles. Can someone help me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:02 AM
    go to Options > Status. type in TEST. this is a diagnostic menu.

1.) press the BB menu button to begin and press start.

2.) only check mark the box that says "Misc" and scroll down to "Run".

3.) we are going to skip all the tests until you get to the Vibrator test. press the trackball and select "Skip" then click "Yes".

4.) keep doing this (like 5 or 6 skips) until the display says "Vibrator Test"

5.) press any key and your phone should vibrate until you press any key to stop it. and it should cycle on and off with every key press. if it vibes, then the vibrator works and your problem lies elsewhere.

6.) click the trackball, select "Skip All", "Yes", then delete the test output file if you want. then exit back to the menu.

let us know what happens and we can go from there.
    06-04-09 02:31 AM
    There is no vibration at all...

06-04-09 02:39 AM
    wow. then maybe something is messed up. i would try an OS reinstall. if that doesnt work, i would seek a replacement phone.
    06-04-09 02:44 AM
    There is no vibration at all...

I have this same problem. I went through the test procedure and got nothing. Powered down, pulled battery and started over. This time I got a faint vibration on the first test but nothing with successive key presses. Any ideas?
    06-24-09 03:54 PM
    I have this same problem. I went through the test procedure and got nothing. Powered down, pulled battery and started over. This time I got a faint vibration on the first test but nothing with successive key presses. Any ideas?
    Just a follow up for the curious...

I took the phone to Verizon, they confirmed the problem and replaced it. I'm happy again.
    06-25-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD