Hey everyone,

So my sister's 9650 is acting up pretty badly. Whenever she hits, say, the "M" key, it types "Mi". She hits "D" and it comes up as "Dz". I think it may be a hardware issue because I just wiped and re-installed the OS and the problem remains. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 08:06 PM
    Hey everyone,

So my sister's 9650 is acting up pretty badly. Whenever she hits, say, the "M" key, it types "Mi". She hits "D" and it comes up as "Dz". I think it may be a hardware issue because I just wiped and re-installed the OS and the problem remains. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks!

I had a similar experience with my 8830 after it got wet. It corrected itself after 3-4 days of not being used. I guess it dried out. Did your sister's phone get even a little wet? It doesn't take much.

11-11-10 08:13 PM
    I had a similar experience with my 8830 after it got wet. It corrected itself after 3-4 days of not being used. I guess it dried out. Did your sister's phone get even a little wet? It doesn't take much.

Moisture certainly can cause that kind of problem and of course numerous others. If she got it wet, give it a little time to dry, might want to put it on a bed of rice in a bowl or something and cover it with more rice. That should help dry it out.

If it has not gotten moisture in it, then it is in need of replacement since I don't think there is anything else that we can do to fix a problem like that short of replacing the keyboard. I think that would void the warranty. I expect that it is still in warranty.
    11-11-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD