After having this phone for about 5 months. I'm fairly disappointed with coming from the 9000. I can honestly say that I could have stayed with the 9000. The constant connection/3G issues and constantly being on EDGE/GPRS during calls I see now that there was no real reason for me to "upgrade". Besides the memory upgrade which doesn't serve me a purpose because I only have Facebook and the Crackberry Launcher downloaded. I saw the pricing for the Streak and I have a buyer for my 9700 so I'm definitely getting rid of it in a couple days and I'm going to go with the Dell Streak or even maybe the Nexus One.

Blackberry is gonna have to come out with SuperPhone to make me wanna return to Rim. The build quality and the keyboard size makes me think that they rushed production. Give me a touchscreen, trackpad of course, high resolution screen, the Bold 9000 keyboard and reasonable amount of memory, OS 6 and a real long lasting battery and I'm back on the blackberry ship. I passed up a lot of phones to hold on to this and honestly it wasn't worth it in the long run.

What do you guys/gals think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 05:29 PM
    I think your wrong. Good luck.
    06-04-10 05:40 PM
    I think your wrong. Good luck.
    Why do you think that?

06-04-10 05:49 PM
    Good luck. I left RIM and haven't looked back....
    06-04-10 06:12 PM
    see ya! Enjoy the Dell.
    06-04-10 06:13 PM
    and you're still here why?
    06-04-10 06:21 PM
    I think do whatever makes you happy and fills your wants and needs. I personally love my 9700 and berry in general but I understand that everyone has their own preference.
    06-04-10 06:27 PM
    I can delete your account if you want. Just say....
    06-04-10 06:28 PM
    and you're still here why?
    Lol.

06-04-10 06:30 PM
    Why do you think that?

Because I haven't run into any of the problems you have. I came from an iPhone and a 9000 and find the 9700 to be far superior to both. In regards to the problems you list:
    -I have had no such problem with build quality where as my 9000 had a squeaky battery door and a sticky trackball

- I agree the 9000 keyboard size was nice but I find that the keys on the 9700 had a much more defined click and feel.

-Coming from the iPhone I don't want a touch screen, although I wouldn't mind checking out the 9800 baring any Storm-esque problems.

- 9700's memory is good especially coming from a 9000, although I would never complain about more.

-Compared to the 9000 which I had to leave on EDGE majority of the time, the 9700 feels like it literally lasts forever. I love not having to plug it in every night even as a frequent BBM'er

-HOWEVER, if the 9700 doesn't run OS 6.0, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

There you have it
    Last edited by thejgeffect; 06-04-10 at 06:33 PM.
    06-04-10 06:30 PM
    I think do whatever makes you happy and fills your wants and needs. I personally love my 9700 and berry in general but I understand that everyone has their own preference.
    This is my 5th blackberry so you can see that I been back and forth. The emails are the main reason y I keep coming back. The email sync is real good and #1. I'm just looking for something that can compete. When I had the iphone the emails came in in a good time but I got tired of the functions after awhile.

06-04-10 06:35 PM
    I can delete your account if you want. Just say....
    I'm looking in from my phone so I can't tell or not lol. I'm guessing your a DEV. even though I left htc and xda forums I still kept my account but after a certain amount of time I think they de-activate it and your account but normally when u sign in that logs u back in like u never left.

06-04-10 06:45 PM
    After having this phone for about 5 months. I'm fairly disappointed with coming from the 9000.
    I saw the pricing for the Streak and I have a buyer for my 9700 so I'm definitely getting rid of it in a couple days and I'm going to go with the Dell Streak or even maybe the Nexus One.
    Same for me. I am waiting for new iPhone with rumored really improved battery life; or I am going to get something from Android. I see no reason (but really want to!!!) stick to BB. Keyboard? RIM is going with new touchscreens too; Email? Android is catching up fast. Just brand loyalty? I was bitten with low build quality of 9700, so not that much.
    Stick to legacy stuff and OS for the sake of RIM? No, thank you.
    06-04-10 07:24 PM
    To each his own...good luck with that

06-04-10 07:39 PM
    9700 FTW! That is all.
    06-04-10 08:12 PM
    After having this phone for about 5 months. I'm fairly disappointed with coming from the 9000. I can honestly say that I could have stayed with the 9000. The constant connection/3G issues and constantly being on EDGE/GPRS during calls I see now that there was no real reason for me to "upgrade". Besides the memory upgrade which doesn't serve me a purpose because I only have Facebook and the Crackberry Launcher downloaded. I saw the pricing for the Streak and I have a buyer for my 9700 so I'm definitely getting rid of it in a couple days and I'm going to go with the Dell Streak or even maybe the Nexus One.

Blackberry is gonna have to come out with SuperPhone to make me wanna return to Rim. The build quality and the keyboard size makes me think that they rushed production. Give me a touchscreen, trackpad of course, high resolution screen, the Bold 9000 keyboard and reasonable amount of memory, OS 6 and a real long lasting battery and I'm back on the blackberry ship. I passed up a lot of phones to hold on to this and honestly it wasn't worth it in the long run.

What do you guys/gals think?

Will the Dell Streak work with T-Mobile's 3G frequency??? That is a very nice device. Just bought the Nexus One from Google for 529.00 + tax. I kept my 9700 for work but should have received my Nexus today, still waiting. It would be great if the Dell worked on T-Mobile's 3G frequency.
    06-04-10 08:13 PM
    hope the Dell cellphones have better quality control and support than the dell laptops
    06-04-10 08:47 PM
    Will the Dell Streak work with T-Mobile's 3G frequency??? That is a very nice device. Just bought the Nexus One from Google for 529.00 + tax. I kept my 9700 for work but should have received my Nexus today, still waiting. It would be great if the Dell worked on T-Mobile's 3G frequency.
    yeah they said they are doing it like the nexus one.one that works on the att and tmobile signals.
    06-04-10 10:42 PM
    Opinions are like bumholes.... Everyone has one.
    I haven't had any issues with my 9700 but wish you the best of luck with your dell.

06-05-10 12:16 AM
    And yet you are still here.... >.>
    06-05-10 12:48 AM
    the Dell Streak isnt even out yet. So what makes you so sure its gonna be better?
    06-05-10 01:07 AM
    the Dell Streak isnt even out yet. So what makes you so sure its gonna be better?
    Dell Streak is out. Dell Uk has it and the unlocked US version will be here in a couple weeks. And Specs everything is better than the 9700.
    06-05-10 01:14 AM
    Opinions are like bumholes.... Everyone has one.
    I haven't had any issues with my 9700 but wish you the best of luck with your dell.

Thanks. im sure ill be back in a little while lol
    06-05-10 01:14 AM
    I came from the 8310>8900>9700 berry wise..have had the samsung blackjacks 1 and 2, Eternity and Iphone. I had issues with each one that wasn't a Berry. So I guess it's all in everyone's personal preference...Good Luck with the Dell!! ..I do hope it has better quality control than their laptops and desktops.
    06-05-10 01:53 AM
    Well, come back and give us your thoughts about the Streak.
    06-05-10 01:58 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD