Enjoy your Dell, but you'll be back soon
    06-05-10 02:36 AM
    Of course the OP is fully coversant with the build quality and all features of the as yet unseen Dell Streak. He is therefore able to fully compare in his mind the merits of the 9700 and the Streak.

He KNOWS that the Streak will be better than the 9700.

I wish I could see the future too.
    06-05-10 04:09 AM
    Sorry to hear your leaving but you never know bb always has something working around the corner....but I love my 9700 so it would be pointless for me....but if changing is what u want then go head let's us know how it turns out tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 07:18 AM
    Of course the OP is fully coversant with the build quality and all features of the as yet unseen Dell Streak. He is therefore able to fully compare in his mind the merits of the 9700 and the Streak.

He KNOWS that the Streak will be better than the 9700.

I wish I could see the future too.
    how is it yet "unseen" when the phone is for sale already???
    06-05-10 12:43 PM
    Opinions are like bumholes.... Everyone has one.
    I haven't had any issues with my 9700 but wish you the best of luck with your dell.

She said "bumholes"...
    06-05-10 01:45 PM
    I love my blackberry 9700 but everyone has their own preferences that's why there are so many cell phones out these days. Have fun with whatever you choose.

06-05-10 02:39 PM
    from what I read and the vid of the streak. It could be a hit due to the large screen it has. Att is going to carry it and it's a droid to. The streak is going after the Iphone market. Have to wait and see what people write about it before I make any judgment call.
    06-05-10 05:25 PM
    Why would you buy a new housing for the phone, only to sell it a couple days later??
    06-05-10 06:08 PM
    Why would you buy a new housing for the phone, only to sell it a couple days later??
    ahah I was wondering this myself but didn't want to ask.
    06-05-10 06:09 PM
    This is very funny. Are you trying to get us riled up here? It's not working. What can I say, the Bold 9700 is the best BB ever! Love everything about it. Size is just perfect (I used to have an 8230) Always connected at 3G. Phone has never crashed once in 7 months, apps run without hanging, OS upgrades available at regular intervals, crackberry forum available for help anytime... What else can you ask for in a phone? Too bad you are leaving but for each, it's own. Do let us know when you come back.
    06-05-10 07:37 PM
    ahah I was wondering this myself but didn't want to ask.
    The better the condition of the phone the more its value would be. I often trade and sale phones. That's y I got a housing.

06-05-10 08:24 PM
    This is very funny. Are you trying to get us riled up here? It's not working. What can I say, the Bold 9700 is the best BB ever! Love everything about it. Size is just perfect (I used to have an 8230) Always connected at 3G. Phone has never crashed once in 7 months, apps run without hanging, OS upgrades available at regular intervals, crackberry forum available for help anytime... What else can you ask for in a phone? Too bad you are leaving but for each, it's own. Do let us know when you come back.
    My opinion is my opinion. And I'm a grown man I don't rile people up or say certain things for attention. I try to state facts. This is a forum and I thought everyone could post questions or opinions.

06-05-10 08:26 PM
    from what I read and the vid of the streak. It could be a hit due to the large screen it has. Att is going to carry it and it's a droid to. The streak is going after the Iphone market. Have to wait and see what people write about it before I make any judgment call.
    They are showing the iphone on the 7th I think. That's what phonedog said.

06-05-10 08:27 PM
    My opinion is my opinion. And I'm a grown man I don't rile people up or say certain things for attention. I try to state facts. This is a forum and I thought everyone could post questions or opinions.

True. And, in my opinion, anyone who says they're "a grown man" usually isn't.
    06-05-10 08:40 PM
    The better the condition of the phone the more its value would be. I often trade and sale phones. That's y I got a housing.

Doesn't that void the warranty for whomever is interested in buying the phone? Or does buying a second hand phone already void the warranty?? (Sorry never sold/bought a used phone)
    06-05-10 08:44 PM
    selling to another buyer voids the warranty... warranties are non-transferable
    06-05-10 09:08 PM
    True. And, in my opinion, anyone who says they're "a grown man" usually isn't.
    Alright. Attack the OP.

06-05-10 09:09 PM
    could you pick a worse phone than the Dell? they cant even make a damn laptop that doesnt crap out with in 6 months...

Good luck to ya...
    06-05-10 10:19 PM
    Some people need to look at their service provider and their location - I constantly see complaints about T-Mobile in certain areas - either switch carriers or move. I have had zero issues with 3G on my T-Mobile. Ever. As far as the size and such, you could see that prior to buying the phone, so that's a buyer's issue.

Either way, these "I'm leaving RIM" threads are tired. Go get your new phone and (hopefully) enjoy.

Those Dell phones look nice... I'm a little wary of getting a Dell though. As someone else mentioned, the product they're KNOWN for isn't really that reliable.
    06-05-10 10:38 PM
    and you're still here why?
    i would ask the same thing
    06-05-10 10:46 PM
    Well I have a valid question: What's the quality of the housing? Is it flimsy?? Would the paint fade or chip off? Does the top bezel already come assembled or did you have to manually melt the plastic tabs like the ones u get on eBay? I'm really interested in one.
    06-05-10 11:18 PM
    Quality Is real good. The paint is staying on and ismt fading. And the top comes pre-installed

06-06-10 02:13 AM
    Let me know how the Dell Streak is. (Omg streak is the same as running naked on the streets!)

Just don't run nude! Lol

06-06-10 03:03 AM
    I got the 9700 as soon as it came out and just last week-- I got the 9700 white (just for a change). I can agree and say-- the build quality is inconsistent at best (actually--it sucks). Its performance, keyboard, trackpad, batt etc are tops however, so I really don't understand why you hate it so much.
    Personally, I don't care if it runs 6.0 cause I'm gonna grab a 9800 as soon as it's available. I'll be pissed to high **** if the 9800 is flimsy. REALLY pissed.
    Good luck

06-06-10 06:32 AM

Sure. And that was my question. It was not an opinion.
    06-06-10 11:18 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD