the reality is that at some point, vzn reps WILL get the info. hopefully this is true.
    No official release date has been given by VZW or even if it will be offered. I can say that the 9650 is officially out of stores as of tomorrow....take that as a hint, its coming sooner than later.
    I hope this holds true. in either case crackberry is loving these page views
    08-09-11 05:48 PM
    This is my chat with Verizon.

I know I baited him a little but somethings were funny.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Shawn'

Shawn: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: Well I was going to order a Blackberry Bold but now they are gone

Shawn: I'd be happy to assist you.

Shawn: Was this a order for new services?

You: I am able to upgrade

You: since October actually

Shawn: That is wonderful to hear.

Shawn: What is it that you like about the Bold?

You: The Keyboard, the touchscreen

You: And the fact that it is a Blackberry!

Shawn: I do apologize, the bold does not have a touch screen.

Shawn: Are you referring to the Storm?

You: Sorry I was getting my Bold's confused and I used to own a storm. I was looking to purchase the bold and now it is off the website.

Shawn: Did you know that we offer the Droid Pro that is a Android phone set up very similar to a BlackBerry with the keyboard and would offer a touch screen?

You: LOL. Yes. Although the Keyboard is nice the OS is certainly not. I am unfortunately using a Droid 2 and it freezes a lot and the just isn't at easy to use as a BB.

Shawn: I do apologize that you have had problems with the old 2.0 Android operating system.

You: Any idea what happened to the Bold that was on the site this morning?

Shawn: This device has sold out over the course of the day.

Shawn: I do apologize.

You: Any idea when it will be available again?

Shawn: Unfortunately not.

You: So are you done with Blackberry or is there just no information on availability?

Shawn: These devices do not have a next ship date from the manufacturer yet.

You: Ok, Thank you

Shawn: They are not done being sold, just out of stock.

Shawn: You are welcome.

You: I just did a search and noticed some information. Is the Bold that you are referring to the 9650 or the 9930?

Shawn: The bold is the 9650.

You: oh because I saw that there was a 9930 with a touch screen

You: do you know anything about that

Shawn: Please hold on while I check that information.

Shawn: This device we do not have any information on due to the device not being released yet.

You: ok. Thanks for checking. Lucky Canadians are already using their's

Shawn: I do apologize.

Shawn: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You: no thank you

Cough Cough Contest Winner Cough
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 08-09-11 at 05:56 PM.
    jhamilton3#CB and srully80 like this.
    08-09-11 05:54 PM
    How is this a winner? I think he was just apologizing for not having any more information, not apologizing for the US carriers that don't have them yet.
    08-09-11 06:08 PM
    How is this a winner? I think he was just apologizing for not having any more information, not apologizing for the US carriers that don't have them yet.
    I was complementing our neighbors to the north. Brown nosing for anytype of prefferencial treatment in any upcoming contest.

All tongue in cheek.

And the reason I posted it is because he recommended the Droid Pro AND he also said that the Bold 9650 was just out of stock, they sold a lot today and will be getting them back in soon.
    08-09-11 06:10 PM

lol this cracked me up, you were trying to get him to slip
    im sure it was someone in india who had no idea
    LuckyDad likes this.
    08-09-11 06:18 PM
    AND he also said that the Bold 9650 was just out of stock, they sold a lot today and will be getting them back in soon.
    Which we should all realize is BS considering the 9650 is pretty old and would not 'sell out' like that.... With all this AT&T BS I'm considering switching to Verizon if the 9900 drops there first....
    08-09-11 11:39 PM
    Love the post. I took it a bit farther with one of the Verizon reps at a call center. Asked the same questions that you had but then said well or neighbors to the north have it already. Could it be that we do not have it because we have been downgraded to a AA rating instead of a AAA rating. The guy was clueless. Then I asked if I went and bought it in Canada would it work in the USA. He had no answer for that one.

Then the $64,000 question well if you are not getting the new Blackberry where is there a video of it on your website? And why are you only showing 4 Blackberry's and to the left it says six? He told me I was seeing thing. Then wanted to sell me one of the 4 Blackberry's that were shown. I said he had to be out of his mind. Why would I want to buy something you are doing away with, when a new one is coming out. He then proceeded to tell me that the Bold 9650 could be upgraded to the new OS7 and all I needed to do was go to the Blackberry site and download it. Asked him how to get there because it was not showing on the site that we could upgrade. He went to the site and could not find it.

My final comment before I hung up was "you wonder why Verizon is loosing business?" He comment was yes, and I replied it is because 99.44% of you have no clue to what you do or say. And oh by the way this call was recorded on my end. And then hung up.

So I guess when we see the phone on the website or a television ad for it then we know that Verizon will have it. Until then we are all just throwing darts at balloons and wishing we could hit the right one.

mustangv8 likes this.
    08-10-11 08:23 AM
    Saying they are sold out is BS. If you look at all smart phones, if the phone is out of stock, it remains there but had a stripe going across that says exactly that "This item is out of stock"

Source: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YYha272t
    08-10-11 08:33 AM
    The August 17th date is very possible.Remember there was a blog post stating that VZW employees were beginning Bold 9930 training last week,I think.I would assume you don't start training classes for a device unless it's release is in the very near future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 09:32 AM
    This time instead of calling *611 I called a store by me and she didn't know of a new bold but she seemed to know something about the new torch ( storm) but said she had no idea when the phones were coming but instead of trying to push me off on a older model she said she took my info and told me she will call by the 30th

I hate this, just give me a firm date of release and let me get back to my life
    08-10-11 10:34 AM
    Also WTF do they mumble on the phone for 10 min b4 they say this is xxxx how can I help you? I mean it was like 10 min of jibber b4 she finished her thing and was able to actually let me talk
    08-10-11 10:36 AM
    It won't be for 2 more weeks I'm starting to believe since the last 9650 sales need to get past the 14-day return period. At the very earliest I'd think we may see online only 9930's late next week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:54 AM
    I still think we could get an online launch soon followed by the in store launch, even if its just a few days ahead of time.
    Alia likes this.
    08-10-11 12:38 PM
    Love the post. I took it a bit farther with one of the Verizon reps at a call center. Asked the same questions that you had but then said well or neighbors to the north have it already. Could it be that we do not have it because we have been downgraded to a AA rating instead of a AAA rating. The guy was clueless. Then I asked if I went and bought it in Canada would it work in the USA. He had no answer for that one.

Then the $64,000 question well if you are not getting the new Blackberry where is there a video of it on your website? And why are you only showing 4 Blackberry's and to the left it says six? He told me I was seeing thing. Then wanted to sell me one of the 4 Blackberry's that were shown. I said he had to be out of his mind. Why would I want to buy something you are doing away with, when a new one is coming out. He then proceeded to tell me that the Bold 9650 could be upgraded to the new OS7 and all I needed to do was go to the Blackberry site and download it. Asked him how to get there because it was not showing on the site that we could upgrade. He went to the site and could not find it.

My final comment before I hung up was "you wonder why Verizon is loosing business?" He comment was yes, and I replied it is because 99.44% of you have no clue to what you do or say. And oh by the way this call was recorded on my end. And then hung up.

So I guess when we see the phone on the website or a television ad for it then we know that Verizon will have it. Until then we are all just throwing darts at balloons and wishing we could hit the right one.
    For a network that is the fastest LTE 4g in the world and has numerous customer service awards, I don't think Verizon is too concerned with losing too much business
    08-10-11 12:51 PM
    I went to the VZW store today and the rep wouldn't give me any info and seemed like he genuinely didn't know when it was coming but he did say that the BlackBerry rep was in there today and usually that means something very soon.
    08-10-11 03:20 PM
    NEW INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!

My "friend" from Verizon called me because he knew I had been pestering them for some time now and "officially" told me this:

Online orders = August 18th

In-Store Orders = August 24th or 25th..I can't remember which date BUT it was one of the two.

I asked him how sure was he and he said they have it in writting but there could always be a reason to bump it back.

Also he did say something that I thought was funny. I told him it should be soon since they stopped selling the 9650. He said it's funny how there are 14 days from the In-Store sales. So, looks like Verizon does indeed know how to really screw the un-informed customers.

Just saying
    Last edited by TMElectric; 08-10-11 at 04:35 PM.
    08-10-11 04:32 PM
    I believe the hard core crackberry folks like us represent a small fraction of Verizon's customer base and a small fraction of blackberry users.

Calling the Verizon store with a bunch of frustrated, geeky "insider questions" does not represent bad service.
    08-10-11 04:42 PM
    NEW INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!

My "friend" from Verizon called me because he knew I had been pestering them for some time now and "officially" told me this:

Online orders = August 18th

In-Store Orders = August 24th or 25th..I can't remember which date BUT it was one of the two.

I asked him how sure was he and he said they have it in writting but there could always be a reason to bump it back.

Also he did say something that I thought was funny. I told him it should be soon since they stopped selling the 9650. He said it's funny how there are 14 days from the In-Store sales. So, looks like Verizon does indeed know how to really screw the un-informed customers.

Just saying
    if this is true then the bold i bought the other day will be within the 14 day return policy window, even if i did buy in store i will be exchanging it for the 9930
    08-10-11 05:10 PM
    I am putting my Droid 3 up for sale and returning to the rightful place of BB again.
    southlander likes this.
    08-10-11 06:03 PM
    I am putting my Droid 3 up for sale and returning to the rightful place of BB again.
    And after all the waiting for the Droid 3 we went through.....
    08-10-11 07:54 PM
    Good luck. They already have a Buy One Get One offer at the store I went to today.

On another note I saw a guy in the store today with a Bold. The sales guy said the only BB they had at the moment was the curve and that his Bold is the newest.

ALSO since he was on a corporate email server the salesman said it was best for him to stick with BB.

I whispered, wait a week, wait a week.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-10-11 08:05 PM
    Good luck. They already have a Buy One Get One offer at the store I went to today.

On another note I saw a guy in the store today with a Bold. The sales guy said the only BB they had at the moment was the curve and that his Bold is the newest.

ALSO since he was on a corporate email server the salesman said it was best for him to stick with BB.

I whispered, wait a week, wait a week.
    That's funny. It reminds me of the time I was returning my pos storm and I tried helping(warning) another customer not to get it. The guy behind me in line was returning his defective storm also.
    08-10-11 08:34 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised as they have removed the 9650 from the web site and just have the Curves and old Storm 2 on there now.

Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. and she said they had a conference call and an email confirming the date. August 17th.

See if anyone else can confirm this with their Verizon store. She actually said she cannot give out the date BUT if I were to come to the store next Wednesday (17th) I will leave happy. Now either this means a massage or a phone.
    08-11-11 10:25 AM
    Was at a VZW store at lunch, all they had was a Curve. Asked one of the folks behind the counter when the new BBs were coming in and got a "deer in the headlights" look. I'll get mine online anyway as I a 20% discount through my employer. If I really want to save more I could wait until April when I am eligible to use my final "New Every Two", maybe I can hold out for one of the QNX phones. Not sure I can wait that long though.
    08-11-11 12:34 PM
    Called my local VZW store again today and said that I had a 9650 that was about to tank on me and wanted to replace it with another 9650. She said they did not have any bolds at the moment - only curves and a storm. I asked her if they had any other BB bolds or if they knew of anything new coming out - she had no idea and said she has not been trained on any new BB's.
    08-11-11 12:41 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD