Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. and she said they had a conference call and an email confirming the date. August 17th.

See if anyone else can confirm this with their Verizon store. She actually said she cannot give out the date BUT if I were to come to the store next Wednesday (17th) I will leave happy. Now either this means a massage or a phone.
    love2cycle likes this.
    08-09-11 03:17 PM
    hmmm..........
    08-09-11 03:18 PM
    Now either this means a massage or a phone.
    Lol! maybe both because the stress of waiting for the dang phone
    08-09-11 03:29 PM
    Help Me! Help Me! My head is going to explode! Its getting close!
    08-09-11 03:36 PM
    Now which store might this be? Or was it or so reliable, confused, and dazed customer service?

The customer service rep at Verizon 800 number told me that the Bold has out the OS7 that you can update your phone with. And we know that the Blackberry on Verizon are disappearing like water but with four (4) phone showing it says six(6).

Just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. and she said they had a conference call and an email confirming the date. August 17th.

See if anyone else can confirm this with their Verizon store. She actually said she cannot give out the date BUT if I were to come to the store next Wednesday (17th) I will leave happy. Now either this means a massage or a phone.
    08-09-11 03:58 PM
    Now which store might this be? Or was it or so reliable, confused, and dazed customer service?

The customer service rep at Verizon 800 number told me that the Bold has out the OS7 that you can update your phone with. And we know that the Blackberry on Verizon are disappearing like water but with four (4) phone showing it says six(6).
    This has been repeated several times. There are actually 6 phones when you include the color variations of the Curves.
    08-09-11 04:00 PM
    Dang.. hope AT&T is the same date or sooner!!!
    StephE likes this.
    08-09-11 04:04 PM
    Unlikely right? Didn't it just pass the FCC a few weeks ago?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 04:05 PM
    Unlikely right? Didn't it just pass the FCC a few weeks ago?
    Usually that's actually a GOOD sign. Besides, Rogers already has it available and people are already picking theirs up. Same situation.
    08-09-11 04:10 PM
    Dang.. hope AT&T is the same date or sooner!!!
    Not gonna happen -- as PG posted, it just went into field testing on AT&T yesterday.
    08-09-11 04:15 PM
    Bold 9650 was taken off the VZW site.

This news is very possible. There is a VERY good possibility that the device will be at VZW sometime this month... but nobody knows the exact date.

Thanks for sharing
    08-09-11 04:15 PM
    and another thread about someone getting info from a verizon rep
    joewoo likes this.
    08-09-11 04:16 PM
    I don't think they would remove the bold a week in advance, thats the only reason it seems like it'll launch sooner rather than later but I'm just excited and being optimistc!
    08-09-11 04:16 PM
    and another thread about someone getting info from a verizon rep
    Or hooking up with a Verizon rep and getting a happy ending.
    Alia likes this.
    08-09-11 04:17 PM
    verizon reps don't know release date, thats why the date hasn't been publicly leaked
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-09-11 04:18 PM
    I am not saying this is true.. All she said is they just had a conference call about the Bold. They received an email confirming the the date. If I were to come to the store next Wednesday, I will leave happy.

This does not sound like the normal response they give. I believe her.
    08-09-11 04:37 PM
    ^don't get upset about the negative responses. Most members here get upset for some stupid reason when someone posts what their rep said. BUT, a lot of the time, the reps really don't know what they are talking about. Thanks for posting, but I would take her words with a grain of salt.

Its more probably that the phone will be out on the 18th, which is a Thursday (the day that VZW has historically released their devices), or the 25th, which is the next Thursday.
    08-09-11 05:00 PM
    Verizon's website does have the bold 9650 off the website. A couple days ago there were "8 devices" and the site only showed 6. Today there are "6 devices" and only showing 4 and like I already said the 9650 isn't there any longer, when it was a day or two ago.

I'm not saying a date or anything, but given the above information, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.
    08-09-11 05:08 PM
    Congrats to all the users on the Big Red.

Now Yellow and Magenta need to hurry up and announce their F'ing release date. Sorry to the AT&T users, you guys are getting shafted in favor of the Torch.
    08-09-11 05:08 PM
    Help Me! Help Me! My head is going to explode! Its getting close!
    Hold on I'm coming!!! *places ice bags on your head* Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Can't have your head go boom this close. Stay with us!
    08-09-11 05:09 PM
    Congrats to all the users on the Big Red.

Now Yellow and Magenta need to hurry up and announce their F'ing release date. Sorry to the AT&T users, you guys are getting shafted in favor of the Torch.
    No US carrier has announced release dates. The last wait is the worst. Seeing Kevin get one that he bought stings a bit too. We'll have them soon right?
    08-09-11 05:19 PM
    just got off the phone with a rep, she said she didnt have any info on the phone but she was REALLY persistent about telling me to check the website... she said it like four times in our convo... fingers crossed!!!!
    08-09-11 05:23 PM
    the reality is that at some point, vzn reps WILL get the info. hopefully this is true.
    08-09-11 05:30 PM
    No official release date has been given by VZW or even if it will be offered. I can say that the 9650 is officially out of stores as of tomorrow....take that as a hint, its coming sooner than later.
    08-09-11 05:31 PM
    Nice!! Thanks for the updates guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 05:45 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD