I've research the Bold for several months now. I see the leak for Verizon for the Bold will be Jan 2009. Anyone? Is this true? Kinnda longing to leave my Treo behind. So I guess Verizon is gonna miss the Christmas revenue and make us all wait?
    08-29-08 09:07 PM
    Maybe December 0f 2009. If you are waiting to get a BB on Verizon and will only get the bold, then I don't think you will be a BB user anytime soon.
    08-29-08 09:47 PM
    I've research the Bold for several months now. I see the leak for Verizon for the Bold will be Jan 2009. Anyone? Is this true? Kinnda longing to leave my Treo behind. So I guess Verizon is gonna miss the Christmas revenue and make us all wait?
    Get a Curve 8330!! You'll love it and will forget about the Bold for a while. When that happens, you can upgrade on the NE2!!
    08-29-08 09:50 PM
    Or you could get this sooner...Storm
    08-29-08 09:53 PM
    Everyone's guessing, the Bolds will probably follow the same curve schedule, at&t late Sept. early Oct.,,,,,,vzw May..
    08-29-08 10:04 PM
    Sorry? NE2? New to the BB thing.
    08-29-08 10:53 PM
    NE2 is vzw's new every two upgrade program. You are eligible to upgrade devices every two years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 11:00 PM
    To add to jenawins post, you get a new phone at their discounted pricing plus an extra $50 or $100 off depending on your plan

08-30-08 12:10 AM
    So verizon will eventually get the bold? I just bought the curve and I'm debating if I should just return it and go back to AT&T. I had about 3 months left of my contract with them and verizon offered to give me a 200 credit to come to them and 1 year contract for the Curve for only $100.

However, I have a curve for AT&T coming in the mail (which I was planning on returning) I was going to use it to hold me off till the Bold.

I go through phones like underwear so I'm debating if I should go back to AT&T? Verizon's customer care and service is much better but Im torn over the thought of a new device.
    08-30-08 05:27 PM
    BTW, thanx everyone for your responses.

To auero: please, please, PLEASE don't go with AT&T! I had them years ago b4 the merger w/ Cingular and they suxd then. They do some really shady S&^%$#@T with their billing. And let's be honest does anyone really use the rollover minutes?

VZW has such better quailty of network and Cust. Sevr.!!!! My Treo is 3 years old and I'm really ready to buy a new device. But becuz I love VZW so much, I'll wait 2 C what the new year brings.

=O)
    08-30-08 07:15 PM

To auero: please, please, PLEASE don't go with AT&T! I had them years ago b4 the merger w/ Cingular and they suxd then. They do some really shady S&^%$#@T with their billing. And let's be honest does anyone really use the rollover minutes?

VZW has such better quailty of network and Cust. Sevr.!!!! My Treo is 3 years old and I'm really ready to buy a new device. But becuz I love VZW so much, I'll wait 2 C what the new year brings.

=O)
    I agree, I don't like AT&T's customer service. Their actual service is really hard to say. I can't say it was amazing but it was alright.

I have to stand up for the rollerover minutes though. I used about 200 of them this month so it saved me a lot. Most of it was verizon though.

The only reason I'd go to them is because they're the only GSM provider here that's GOOD. T-mobile is HORRIBLE here. I am very picky and go through many phones (although I think I hit the spot with the blackberry finally). I just like having new toys fast! I can't bare to think that I have to wait till May the earliest probably to see a bold on verizon!
    08-31-08 12:51 AM
    I'm the same exact way I get a new pda every 6 month so I might get the storm or wait for the niagara the bold is big and ugly.
    Last edited by stayfly; 08-31-08 at 01:34 AM.
    08-31-08 01:30 AM
    It makes me wonder though, is it really worth getting the bold over the 8330? I mean isn't it 3G? I'm not positive but i thought that i read that 80% of verizon's network is 3G. I found myself having 3G coverage only in a handful of area's with AT&T and it was maybe 2 bars tops. (With an iPhone).

I'm so horrible torn, the 8310 from AT&T that I ordered is coming tuesday and I don't know if I should keep and scrap verizon or stay and wait for the bold to eventually hit. If it does?
    08-31-08 01:36 AM

=O)
    1. Att is much different now then it was back in the wireless days. Besides being a completely different company (the only similarity it shares is att, everything else is different), the network is much improved since it was att wireless.

2. Ive have good and bad experiences from all wireless carriers. Verizon seems to have the most arrogant, if you dont like it leave, attitude of them all. On the att side it just seems many of the reps are improperly trained and do not know much. There both pretty terrible.

3. I used to be a verizon customer and a fanboy. I got a job with att and was given a buisness line which was the only way i would give att a try. Now i will never go back. Verizon is too slow to get the nicer phones like the blackberry. I was using a curve with att a full year before verizon picked it up.
    08-31-08 01:47 AM
    It makes me wonder though, is it really worth getting the bold over the 8330? I mean isn't it 3G? I'm not positive but i thought that i read that 80% of verizon's network is 3G. I found myself having 3G coverage only in a handful of area's with AT&T and it was maybe 2 bars tops. (With an iPhone).

I'm so horrible torn, the 8310 from AT&T that I ordered is coming tuesday and I don't know if I should keep and scrap verizon or stay and wait for the bold to eventually hit. If it does?
    You cant go wrong with the 8310. It is my favorite phone/pda ever. Yes the 8330 is a 3g phone and verizons EVDO network is larger then the hspa network at att (at the moment), but HSPA is much faster. Also the network is growing very quickly.

Also, is the verizon transition to GSM going to hurt them? The GSM switch that att/cingular did years ago was the reason they fell behind verizon.
    08-31-08 01:51 AM
    You cant go wrong with the 8310. It is my favorite phone/pda ever. Yes the 8330 is a 3g phone and verizons EVDO network is larger then the hspa network at att (at the moment), but HSPA is much faster. Also the network is growing very quickly.

Also, is the verizon transition to GSM going to hurt them? The GSM switch that att/cingular did years ago was the reason they fell behind verizon.
    So HSPA is another term for 3G? I suppose it depends on your area and experience. Verizon's support was honestly nothing but perfect and it's hard for me to say that about ANY company. Thats just my own personal experience.
    08-31-08 02:01 AM
    So HSPA is another term for 3G? I suppose it depends on your area and experience. Verizon's support was honestly nothing but perfect and it's hard for me to say that about ANY company. Thats just my own personal experience.
    HSPA is actually the term for GSM 3.5G. I dont know why at&t and rogers are branding it as only 3G. Also, besides being faster than CDMA EVDO (verizon) it has true 3G capabilities such as voice and data at the same time, which is a HUGE benefit that verizons network cant provide.
    08-31-08 02:11 AM
    HSPA is actually the term for GSM 3.5G. I dont know why at&t and rogers are branding it as only 3G. Also, besides being faster than CDMA EVDO (verizon) it has true 3G capabilities such as voice and data at the same time, which is a HUGE benefit that verizons network cant provide.
    Wow thanks, I think it's going to be easier to make up my mind! I guess it'll be back to AT&T for me. Second time switching back. Such a pain. I'm so indecisive.
    08-31-08 02:13 AM
    Wow thanks, I think it's going to be easier to make up my mind! I guess it'll be back to AT&T for me. Second time switching back. Such a pain. I'm so indecisive.
    As long as you have good reception with at&t I really dont see why anyone would go with Verizon. IS customer service really more important than the best phones in the world, and the best technology? My carrier is horrible, they make billing mistakes and you cant even deal with them on the phone or in person about it, you have to send a fax in! hahaah... but I deal with it. As long as I have the best technology out there Im happy.
    08-31-08 02:16 AM
    As long as you have good reception with at&t I really dont see why anyone would go with Verizon. IS customer service really more important than the best phones in the world, and the best technology? My carrier is horrible, they make billing mistakes and you cant even deal with them on the phone or in person about it, you have to send a fax in! hahaah... but I deal with it. As long as I have the best technology out there Im happy.
    Customer Service is important always but I figured Verizon was a wise move because of the deal they offered me. Plus the fact I dont have to worry about my phone with their insurance, they basically replace them for any reason.

I'm looking at my spare AT&T phone with my old SIM in it and my Verizon Curve and both have the same reception. That damn iPhone barely gave me a bar!
    08-31-08 02:21 AM
    Customer Service is important always but I figured Verizon was a wise move because of the deal they offered me. Plus the fact I dont have to worry about my phone with their insurance, they basically replace them for any reason.

I'm looking at my spare AT&T phone with my old SIM in it and my Verizon Curve and both have the same reception. That damn iPhone barely gave me a bar!

Our insurance at att is the same thing. I think the deductible may be a little higher at att though. BTW the iphone is a big PITA!! So many people are complaining about its reception. Dont base your opinion of att on that one device.
    09-01-08 12:33 AM
    Cust. Svc is xtrmly important! No? Anyone in marketing/consumer products will tell you that 90% of customers will stay w/ a company judging by how they are treated. The other 10% are techy people who must have the "lastest & greatest" just to say 1) they got it b4 all others and 2) the newest technology. Sometimes (emphasis on sometimes) haste makes waste. (just an opinion =O)
    09-01-08 03:46 PM
    I thought CDMA's "Bold" would end up being the Javelin/Niagra (whichever is the CDMA version). From what I've read (although it might have not been that clear) was that there would be no Bold for CDMA, just the Javelin or Niagra.
    09-01-08 04:26 PM
    I thought CDMA's "Bold" would end up being the Javelin/Niagra (whichever is the CDMA version). From what I've read (although it might have not been that clear) was that there would be no Bold for CDMA, just the Javelin or Niagra.
    That's why I was confused as to what was going on with that. But I have 2 more days to figure out what I want to do before I receive this phone.

Our insurance at att is the same thing. I think the deductible may be a little higher at att though. BTW the iphone is a big PITA!! So many people are complaining about its reception. Dont base your opinion of att on that one device.
    I never paid a deductable with verizon. I'd walk in and they replace my phone on the spot, move my contacts and I'm on my way.
    09-01-08 08:48 PM

I like AT&T much better than verizon. Sorry that you had bad reception with your iPhone, I have never been in an area were I have less than 3 bars (3g or edge).

09-01-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD