07-29-09 01:01 PM
36 12
tools
    verizons network is def better...however the bold is a great device and has wifi if thats something you really want in your phone
    07-29-09 12:31 AM
    The best carrier is the one that gives you the best reception where you are.

AT&T is great where I live. I get 5 bars in my brick apartment building on the ground floor. The only calls that get dropped are from my friend who has Verizon.

It might be the opposite where you live. Coverage varies, depending on where you're at. There is no one best carrier. The best carrier for you is the one that has the best signal in your location.
    07-29-09 01:13 AM
    I have both ATT (Bold) and Verizon (Tour) have had both services for many years and I can honestly say that whether it's signal strength or customer service nobody beat's Verizon and thats no matter where in the world I am. Now having said that, between the two ATT has the superior devices. I find the Bold to be far better than the Tour overall. Now I just wish I could get it on Verizon.
    07-29-09 01:37 AM
    Ive been ATT for a very long time..I have very strong 3g signal where i live. I love the customer service, I get the USPS discount which is 25% off monthly bill and 50% off accessories anytime. Now you cant beat that. Plus GSM is used world wide so you have much better phone choices..you can purhcase unlocked phones and just stick in the sim and voila. But again like everyone mentioned..i think what it comes down to is what service works best in your area..try them both and pick the better one.
    07-29-09 02:45 AM
    Put it simply. Depends on where you live, where you going and what type of tests you are doing.

I have AT&T and I've been happy with them, others may feel differently but so be it. Verizon in certain areas that I visit frequently have dead zones to where All bars is lost. To me AT&T is g00d because I have simultaneous data & 3g, I have a Fedral discount of 15% and they off to have my nights and weekends start at 7pm with r0llover minutes. Verizon while good doesn't give me those options. But what's g00d for me may not be what's great for you. If you was to ask me Imma tell you AT&T. Yes its a lot per month but you get what you pay for. You have to pay if you want to play!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:15 AM
    All the bickering aside, go with the carrier that has the best signal for the areas you spend the most time in (or in the areas where it is critical you have signal). No one here can really tell you which carrier is better for you and your travel habits. If both have good signals, then look at phone selection and pricing info. I was on Verizon (or previously acquired telco's) for about 10 years. Signal strength at my house was not good last year. It seemed the towers in my area were probably over-capacity during peak times. I decided to switch to AT&T and usually have full 3G strength. Does that mean I won't switch back to Verizon at any time? No. I will go with whatever carrier offers the best coverage for the areas I visit most. Simple as that. Perform well, and I'll stay. Drop the ball, and I will look at other options. I never saw the point of getting into a flame war over a telco carrier. Go with who works best for your situation. Everyone is different.
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    As soon as Verizon has a device that I like, I'm switching. I get alot of dropped calls on AT&T 3G.
    So in the meantime I keep my Bold on Edge.
    I wish i could take advantage of 3G speeds and multitasking tho.
    Last edited by Teek; 07-29-09 at 09:03 AM.
    07-29-09 09:01 AM
    I've been on AT&T for about 7 years now, and I have no problems with them. I'll admit that Verizon has better coverage where I live, but not that much. Mostly you get better signals out in the woods. My buddy travels so much he keeps a prepay AT&T in addition to his Verizon in case he breaks down, as he did once in a VZW dead zone. Honestly, I don't mind if the 3g drops out and edge takes over, it's still fine for me.

As for prices, AT&T is definitely cheaper, I don't know how anyone can say they're not. I was debating leaving and had a draft of my exact plan drawn up on VZW (minus rollovers) and it was about 10 or 15 dollars a month more. Not a huge deal, but it is more.

07-29-09 10:43 AM
    As soon as Verizon has a device that I like, I'm switching. I get alot of dropped calls on AT&T 3G.
    So in the meantime I keep my Bold on Edge.
    I wish i could take advantage of 3G speeds and multitasking tho.
    Don't hold your breath for a good vzw phone. They're not known for great phones...just great coverage.
    07-29-09 10:47 AM
    ^^ lol yes I've noticed. I was hoping the Storm2 would sell me but the sneak preview was horrible. (in particular the sure press)
    07-29-09 11:59 AM
    Wow!!! Its amazing how much dialogue a simple question can conjour up!! Glad I didn't ask something important.

Thanks everyone for the input. All said & done, I'll stay w/AT&T and drop a line or two. That should do the trick till biz picks up and I need 8 lines again.
    AT&T has good reception along the front range in Colorado. Dead zone here & there but that's expected. I even get pretty good reception in Vail & Aspen. GPS works well in China Bowl.
    I'm out

Last edited by berryjunkie; 07-29-09 at 01:08 PM.
    07-29-09 01:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD