Walked into my local verizon store today just to try my luck and ask about the new Bold and Torch 9850. Even though I know never to trust what the reps say and the whole we know more than they do stuff. BUT, the rep let me know that they have seen the Bold Touch and have been trained and breifed on OS7. The rep couldn't give me a date, but they are ready for the device and told me it is very possible that it is coming this month.

please don't jump on me, I'm just relaying some hopeful and positive news and factual evidence that that this device and the 9850 will be coming to Verizon, quote, "soon"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 04:53 PM
    niiice ......
    08-06-11 09:16 PM
    I went into my verizon store today and they told me they had no clue about the OS7 devices, what a bunch of bs. after seeing the obvious training guides for verizon here on crackberry, they know just don't (can't) say anything to their customers. that is how verizon works. look how it was with the iphone. they didn't even acknowledge that they would have it (in fact outright denied they were ever gonna get it) til 2 weeks before it's release. verizon wants you to use your upgrade now if you have one that way when the phone comes out that you actually wanted you have to pay full price for. that is my thought at least. I have been a verizon customer for 5 years now, and their customer service doesn't seem to matter much. whatever they can do to get more money out of you. my contract is up with verizon so I am thinking about switching to at&t.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-06-11 09:59 PM
    Walked into my local verizon store today just to try my luck and ask about the new Bold and Torch 9850. Even though I know never to trust what the reps say and the whole we know more than they do stuff. BUT, the rep let me know that they have seen the Bold Touch and have been trained and breifed on OS7. The rep couldn't give me a date, but they are ready for the device and told me it is very possible that it is coming this month.

please don't jump on me, I'm just relaying some hopeful and positive news and factual evidence that that this device and the 9850 will be coming to Verizon, quote, "soon"

Its all so wierd. Why would we jump on you. I go to my VZW store and ask all the time. I think your info is very encouraging
    08-06-11 10:07 PM
    Its all so wierd. Why would we jump on you. I go to my VZW store and ask all the time. I think your info is very encouraging
    Cause usually whenever someone posts what a rep says a bunch of members start complaining that reps know nothing and that your an ***** for believing them or relaying their information.

I just wanted to post some positive news, especially concerning Verizon.
    08-07-11 02:01 AM
    training and reps = oxymoron
    scubbie and howarmat like this.
    08-07-11 06:33 AM
    Hope all is true! The posting on CB about the training, the picture has no Verizon word on it anywhere. Where did it come from. Yet to see whats up with Big RED and RIM! Patience NOW!
    08-07-11 08:31 AM
    On you switching to AT&T. Be my guest if you want worse service then you get from Verizon. There data plan is $30 for 2gb of data. Verizon is still for older customers unlimited for $30. I know for a fact that the reps have not been trained on the phone. Some of them have had a chance to play with them but that is at tier 2 support only.

I would never buy anything from Verizon online at all. You have 14 days from the time your order ships to return the phone. IE: You by the phone on the 8th of Aug, you get the phone on the 9th and if you do not like it you must send it back by the 17th of Aug so that they have it before the 14 day return is up.

When it comes right down to it all cell phone companies want your money. Does not matter who it is. Just my opinion.

My theory is that it will be out before the kids go back to school, be it college or public schools have to go back. The earliest date that I know for college and public is 22 August. Verizon releases their new phones on a Thursday so you might only have to wait a couple of weeks.

I went into my verizon store today and they told me they had no clue about the OS7 devices, what a bunch of bs. after seeing the obvious training guides for verizon here on crackberry, they know just don't (can't) say anything to their customers. that is how verizon works. look how it was with the iphone. they didn't even acknowledge that they would have it (in fact outright denied they were ever gonna get it) til 2 weeks before it's release. verizon wants you to use your upgrade now if you have one that way when the phone comes out that you actually wanted you have to pay full price for. that is my thought at least. I have been a verizon customer for 5 years now, and their customer service doesn't seem to matter much. whatever they can do to get more money out of you. my contract is up with verizon so I am thinking about switching to at&t.
    08-07-11 10:16 AM
    Cause usually whenever someone posts what a rep says a bunch of members start complaining that reps know nothing and that your an ***** for believing them or relaying their information.

I understand what your point is just don't get other people that can't see it.
    08-07-11 12:59 PM

That's not true....I think you're an ***** for different reasons

JK...hope this is the case...got an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket...
    08-07-11 01:15 PM
    trained or are in training
    08-07-11 01:22 PM
    Spoke with a VZW "Global Services" rep yesterday who told me their training on new devices and the likes is all done online through their work stations. The gentleman was surprised when I asked about the 9930 and laughed. He said he was relieved to hear someone asking about the 9930 instead of the Bionic and that I was his first caller to ask about a new BB device. He continued saying there have been supposed roadmaps and leaked images online for a while now and from various carriers but that, in the end, VZW would have a 9930 in my hands by the end of the month.

He unlocked two of my 9650s without any question too!
    Very nice guy. Much better than any of the others I've spoken to.

Gloglo and mustangv8 like this.
    08-07-11 02:24 PM
    Sounds comforting.
    08-07-11 03:40 PM
    Do you think it means anything that VZW.com lists the 9650 for $149 and testman lists it for $99? Maybe getting ready to get rid of 'em to make room?
    08-08-11 03:15 AM
    9650s have been out of my location for over two months. Only can get them online in our location.
    08-08-11 03:28 AM
    The Verizon iPhone was announced on Jan 11 with a release date of Feb 10.

08-08-11 03:29 AM
    training and reps = oxymoron
    No, reps can be trained.

The oxymoron would be 'Knowledgeable reps'.
    08-08-11 09:47 AM
    Word I have is that training has NOT taken place yet, BUT that an August release for the 9930 IS expected.

EDIT: Ok we have a potential date of 8/25, it's listed on a leaked document just now posted on the CB front page.
    jc5977 likes this.
    08-08-11 10:12 AM
    I just tried to call my local Verizon store and pick their brains but nothing was given. When I asked about new BB's - she said she had no heard anything about new BB devices. It almost seemed rehearsed as she had no inflection in her voice at all.
    08-08-11 10:44 AM
    Word I have is that training has NOT taken place yet, BUT that an August release for the 9930 IS expected.

EDIT: Ok we have a potential date of 8/25, it's listed on a leaked document just now posted on the CB front page.
    pk, just curious, any idea as to why verizon's dates are in red?
    08-08-11 10:56 AM
    Extra confidential??? More Tentative????? Or just representing Verizon's color??? Just guessing! Honestly I have no clue!
    08-08-11 11:56 AM
    I heard it means they aren't hard dates.
    jc5977 likes this.
    08-08-11 11:58 AM
    VZW honestly don't know anything....or do they? I walked into a Verizon store and asked about the 9930 and one representative looked at the other suspiciously waiting for one to respond. She said to me that they've been taking awhile with the device and so i asked if it could be within a week or two and she said no, more like 2 or 3 months.
    Like I said, she looked suspicious as if she had to say this to push the Android devices. She, however, did know about the device.
    Abit odd, no?

08-08-11 12:00 PM
    VZW honestly don't know anything....or do they? I walked into a Verizon store and asked about the 9930 and one representative looked at the other suspiciously waiting for one to respond. She said to me that they've been taking awhile with the device and so i asked if it could be within a week or two and she said no, more like 2 or 3 months.
    Like I said, she looked suspicious as if she had to say this to push the Android devices. She, however, did know about the device.
    Abit odd, no?

This is a know sales tactic, tell them it's a bit out of reach, so they will be tempted to select what's available now. IF it gets pushed back it won't be by THAT much.
    08-08-11 12:38 PM
    This is a know sales tactic, tell them it's a bit out of reach, so they will be tempted to select what's available now. IF it gets pushed back it won't be by THAT much.
    Yea, I know, it was just so obvious they way they said it so suspiciously. I have to try going into another store when I get the chance. This shows Verizon getting it on the 25th:

Leaked Wireless Giant Roadmap Shows BBTV, OS 7 devices, Calypso, and more � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    08-08-11 04:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD