06-09-10 01:50 PM
172 ... 567
tools
    I just leave the main Messages icon on the home screen and hide all the others - I have 4 email addy's coming in.

My first ever berry....so confusing so far.

Quick question. I got 2 different email accounts...do I really need to have 2 separate email icons PLUS that main message icon all the way on the left home screen? How do you guys handle it?

I also downloaded Gmail so now I got 3 email icons lol
    06-05-10 02:04 AM
    one thing I noticed, is what happened to the Keyboard lock convenience key? I used to have it on the Pearl? I know the Bold has it on top, but it was so easy to hit it on the side, while sliding it in your pocket.
    If you have "Dial From Home Screen" disabled, allowing you to use the keypad shortcuts, you can press "k" to lock your keypad.
    This works on my Curve. I assume it still works for the Bold as well.
    06-05-10 02:08 AM
    as my first BB, ive been playing with this thing all day trying to get it "just right" (once i figure out what "just right" for a bb is).

9) i am bull**** that there is no cbssports fantasy football app for BB - what the ****?
    10) i can't think of a good use for the left convenience key - any suggestions?

Ger yourself QuickLaunch if you haven't already gotten it, and use it as the left convenience key. It's a paid app, but any BlackBerry user will tell you it's well worth it.
    You can also open QuickLaunch from the home screen by pressing the Space Bar.

NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    06-05-10 02:12 AM
    What OS is this phone running out of the box?
    06-05-10 09:46 AM

/////////////////
    06-05-10 10:13 AM
    What happened to the browser? Before the browser had google and now we get this cheap and highly crap like browser with Bing? Is there a better on I can use? I just came from the storm by the way.....big difference in phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 10:18 AM
    I can't even get the bing app to download on my phone ( should definetely return it and get the bold) LOL!
    06-05-10 10:33 AM
    has anyone noticed their letter C key being out of line with the rest of that row of keys? My C looks like it was printed up a lot higher than the rest of the letters in that row.
    06-05-10 10:56 AM
    In the center, my screen is set down from the rest of the phone...it's not flush...is this normal? It's a VERY small difference...maybe a 16th of an inch? Just want to know if this is common..... I notice it when I'm using the trackpad to scroll down quickly.....
    06-05-10 11:02 AM
    In the center, my screen is set down from the rest of the phone...it's not flush...is this normal? It's a VERY small difference...maybe a 16th of an inch? Just want to know if this is common..... I notice it when I'm using the trackpad to scroll down quickly.....
    it's because the keyboard is slightly convex. look at it from the top down, that whole interface has a slight arch. so relax, lol, it is perfectly normal.
    06-05-10 11:14 AM
    What about my browser now solely using bing to search the web. It only allows me to search using wikpidia bing or dictionary.com

06-05-10 02:45 PM
    If you have "Dial From Home Screen" disabled, allowing you to use the keypad shortcuts, you can press "k" to lock your keypad.
    This works on my Curve. I assume it still works for the Bold as well.
    Actually the "A" key is supposed to do it on the BOLD. According to the manual anyway. Have not tried it yet, but did try "K" and no workie.
    EDIT: tried it and now it won't unlock. lol Supposed to work both ways according to the book.
    06-05-10 02:54 PM
    You have to hit the actual lock button on the top left to unlock it

06-05-10 03:26 PM
    Went to the Verizon store today, they got 40 in. Got setup in about 20 minutes. I switched over from the Pearl 8130. Now let me tell you this is a huge jump from only being able to run around 2-3 apps at a time, now to got tons of apps running, surfin the web, downloading, facebookin etc etc!

GAME ON!!!!
    I suggest turning off "dial from home screen". This unlocks several shortcut keys that weren't available on the pearl. It is still the most underused "hidden" feature of the full qwerty blackberry and I don't understand why its not set up that way from the factory.

06-05-10 03:34 PM
    I found out today that my Bold isn't arriving until Monday...
    To make things worse, I'm going out of town until Tuesday afternoon.
    This means no 9650 for me until Tuesday
    06-05-10 10:57 PM
    Still waiting.....tomorrow can't come soon enough!

I'm hoping I'm home when it arrives.....
    06-06-10 04:29 PM
    Heh heh I started this thread hoping I might work a deal with Verizon and get it on release day to contribute much earlier, and it didn't quite go as well as expected. Good news was I got a brand new one below retail off Ebay....it was sitting on my desk when I got to my office yesterday morning

My Trackpad is perfect, straight and flush. It's a nice solid device, very impressed. Moving from a Tour, I was expecting just a slight upgrade....bump in memory, trackpad, and Wifi as many reviews set that expectation.

I found myself much happier than I thought I would be. The Keyboard is more bowed towards the middle making for a better typing experience. Tour keyboard was great, RIM somehow pulled off making it better. The processor is definitely snappier than the Tour, appears to take half the time to boot, and I have not experienced abnormal lag at all <tap wood> The Wifi has definitely made for a better browsing experience, and downloads take no time at all. One little annoyance I had on the Tour was the battery cover. It was not only loose creating little wobble, but there was an ever so slight gap between the center of the cover and the device, so slight pressure made it move giving it a bit of a cheaper feel to it.

Basically, the Tour was decent. A little lag, trackball problems, and minor glitches and lacking areas made it feel incomplete.

I believe the Bold is accomplishing for Verizon the same thing the 8330 Curve did for them. They got a solid device that does what it is supposed to do. It has caught them up to provide features many other phones offer now, with the Wifi, Trackpad, etc....but the most important feature that many others cannot boast nearly as well?

IT JUST WORKS
    06-09-10 10:39 AM
    Got mine this past Monday and love it so far! Better late than never.
    06-09-10 10:51 AM
    Got it and updated to .732 immediatley

Also Highly recommend Dragon for email Dragon for E-Mail v1.0 - @BBtweeps
    Last edited by spaciorek; 06-09-10 at 11:03 AM.
    06-09-10 10:59 AM
    Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Took me a good while to set everything up since this is my first BB, but everything appears to be working now, decked out in its Otterbox Commuter that arrived this morning. Really liking it so far!
    06-09-10 11:28 AM
    Got mine monday. I had to work til 4, it was torture knowing the phone was waiting for me at home and I would have to wait. As soon as I got home I moved everything from my curve 8330 to the bold. Everything went smooth and I'm very happy with the phone, seems to be pretty stable.

06-09-10 12:07 PM
    I finally got mine yesterday...And i must say I absolutely LOVE it!!! The track pad is such an improvement!!! Definitely glad I got this phone!!!
    06-09-10 01:50 PM
172 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD