My Bold with an Otterbox Commuter on it. Still getting the hang of it, but I'm loving it!

06-04-10 08:19 PM
    just a quick question, im switching from the 8830, is the bold the same size as the tour?
    06-04-10 08:20 PM
    My first ever berry....so confusing so far.

Quick question. I got 2 different email accounts...do I really need to have 2 separate email icons PLUS that main message icon all the way on the left home screen? How do you guys handle it?

I also downloaded Gmail so now I got 3 email icons lol
    06-04-10 08:25 PM
    My Bold with an Otterbox Commuter on it. Still getting the hang of it, but I'm loving it!

Where did you get the commuter case from?? I thought those weren't shipping till next week?
    06-04-10 08:27 PM
    ^^ From otterbox.com. I got one earlier this week.
    06-04-10 08:28 PM
    My phone is set to vibrate yet it has yet to actually vibrate. I've gotten bbm's, emails, SMS, and it just stays silent and the LED blinks. I'm confused.
    06-04-10 08:54 PM
    got mine today at 3pm. all hooked up now
    06-04-10 09:09 PM
    i got my otterbox 9650 case like 2 weeks ago and now its sitting lovely on my bolddd
    06-04-10 09:10 PM
    are u serrious? i was talking to a vzw rep and he said it wasnt.
    Unless I encountered a bug, everytime I had my AT&T prepaid SIM inserted, I would get a window after the 9650 booted saying the phone/SIM was locked (I can't remember the exact syntax), and asking me if I would like to unlock it. I tried several reboots/battery pulls, all with the same result. I bought an unlock code from one of the vendors listed in the Unlocking Section of the CB boards (the one currently offering a sale, as well as a contest for a few free unlocks), and the ATT SIM worked fine.

So like I said, I either encountered a bug, and threw $10 down the drain, or the VZ 9650 is locked,
    06-04-10 09:13 PM
    Use the device switch wizard..old phone to new phone ? Worked for me.
    Ditto! Worked for me!
    06-04-10 09:23 PM
    Got mine today at 3:30 and had it set up and running by 5:00. Lovin it!! I love the trackpad, the speed, and the overall feel of the phone. Hated having to wait so long, but i think it was worth it!!
    06-04-10 10:05 PM
    When typing on the keypad, are the keys quiet like the Tour or clicky like the Curves (8330 & 8530)?
    06-04-10 10:14 PM
    I got mine at the store. Some have stock already and there is no moratorium on selling them. Used google sync to reload my contacts and calendar. Doing my preferences manually. I know I could have used the device switch wizard but this helps me get used to the new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 10:17 PM
    I got mine around noon today and have it all set up! It's currently off and charging.

My trackpad slightly tilts down on the right...is this the "tilt" or "crooked" issue other's are talking about? It doesn't affect how it works. I freaking LOVE the trackpad! Would never ever go back to a ball now!

In the center, my screen is set down from the rest of the phone...it's not flush...is this normal? It's a VERY small difference...maybe a 16th of an inch? Just want to know if this is common.....

I was very happily surprised when my receipt came and I saw I was only charged $99 for the phone instead of $149 like it said when I ordered!! Those CA taxes are mean so that discount came in so handy!!

Yeah just went to the local verizon store and they sold me my bold! so happy i got one before thursday and didnt have to order online!
    Yeah it sucks to get that instant rebate online... Glad you were able to somehow get it in store before it was released. I got my contacts transferred today (wasn't using a Berry before) and the reps didn't even KNOW the VZW had the Bold!
    06-04-10 10:21 PM
    The pictures look great! I'm expecting mine tomorrow!!
    06-04-10 10:30 PM
    The pictures look great! I'm expecting mine tomorrow!!
    Did you order over the phone? I did and paid for the Saturday shipping, but never received any confirmation of my order???!!! I hope I get mine tomorrow too!!!
    06-04-10 10:39 PM
    When typing on the keypad, are the keys quiet like the Tour or clicky like the Curves (8330 & 8530)?
    Quiet!
    06-04-10 10:41 PM
    Got mine...finally got around to doing the device swap...love it. Went from a 8330 to the 9650...the keyboard will take a little getting used to, but I love the track pad.

I thought all the, "The trackpad is tilted" people were nuts, but it sort of looks a little crooked. Doesn't seem to affect anything so I don't give two hoots.

Setting it all up...need to get the activation PIN from our BES guy and I should be good to go.
    06-04-10 11:06 PM
    as my first BB, ive been playing with this thing all day trying to get it "just right" (once i figure out what "just right" for a bb is).

a couple thoughts:

1) the otterbox commuter case is AWESOME.
    2) the external speaker kinda sucks.
    3) the browser is not nearly as bad as everyone had me prepared for. as a matter of fact, i tried both bolt and opera, and find the default browser far quicker and more user friendly.
    4) the crooked trackpad doesn't bother me.
    5) the OS is pretty complex. i've done a lot of googling today.
    6) wifi is top-notch in my house.
    7) i like the default theme, but wish it had battery %
    8) there are way too many garbage apps from verizon. i had to learn how to make a junk folder.
    9) i am bull**** that there is no cbssports fantasy football app for BB - what the ****?
    10) i can't think of a good use for the left convenience key - any suggestions?
    06-04-10 11:22 PM
    Went to the Verizon store today, they got 40 in. Got setup in about 20 minutes. I switched over from the Pearl 8130. Now let me tell you this is a huge jump from only being able to run around 2-3 apps at a time, now to got tons of apps running, surfin the web, downloading, facebookin etc etc!

GAME ON!!!!
    06-04-10 11:52 PM
    one thing I noticed, is what happened to the Keyboard lock convenience key? I used to have it on the Pearl? I know the Bold has it on top, but it was so easy to hit it on the side, while sliding it in your pocket.
    06-04-10 11:56 PM
    Started with the 8310 went to the 9000 then the tour and got my 9650 today!! Loving it so far can't find anything to bi ch about yet

06-05-10 12:24 AM
    one thing I noticed, is what happened to the Keyboard lock convenience key? I used to have it on the Pearl? I know the Bold has it on top, but it was so easy to hit it on the side, while sliding it in your pocket.
    its the lock button on the top left. To password lock it you can set a convenience key for that as well
    06-05-10 12:52 AM
    Did you order over the phone? I did and paid for the Saturday shipping, but never received any confirmation of my order???!!! I hope I get mine tomorrow too!!!
    I don't remember anything about paying for Saturday shipping
    It will definitely arrive by Monday though.
    06-05-10 12:59 AM
    its the lock button on the top left. To password lock it you can set a convenience key for that as well
    Ya I know they have the lock on top. But it used to have it as one of the convenience key also, but not an option anymore

06-05-10 01:11 AM
172 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD