On my new Blackberry Bold 9930 given to me by my company for company email, if I use the blackberry browser to check my personal home verizon.net email ([myname]@verizon.net), verizon's email servers will NOT connect to the blackberry browser and will either kick me out of logged-in status or give me an "email server not available" error message.

The blackberry and the blackberry browser are working just fine. The blackberry browser connects well to everything else, including the Verizon forums, the New York Times website and the Wall Street Journal website (all of which require log-ins), etc. Everything else about the blackberry is 100%.

Also, on the way to verizon.net email on the blackberry browser, I have to log in at My Verizon, and that works at first also. (The next page says "Welcome Irving".) When I then click on "Email", I am either kicked out of logged-in status or get an "email server not available" error message.

I spent an hour on the phone with a totally uncooperative Verizon DSL customer support supervisor, who insisted I should call Verizon mobile. But there's nothing wrong with the blackberry. The problem is with the verizon.net website email servers, which will not connect correctly to the blackberry browser.

The Verizon DSL customer support supervisor adamantly refused to connect me to Tier 3 Verizon DSL network support or even pass them a message.

This started about a month ago, and Verizon customer support then also asked that I speak with Vz Mobile, and Vz Mobile confirmed it is a Verizon DSL email/network issue - there's nothing wrong with the blackberry or its browser. Vz is just being obstinate.

By the way, if I go to my home PC and access verizon.net email using my PC browsers (IE or Firefox), I have no trouble connecting and then receiving or sending emails via those browsers. Verizon's email servers refuse to connect to a Blackberry browser.

Who else has this problem?

Thanks.
    05-18-13 04:16 PM
    Since it is on a BES, maybe the BES server is 'blocking' the connection, no?

Have you tried to 'read' any other email account, like GMail or Yahoo, etc.?
    05-19-13 08:45 AM
    Navi: Good suggestion. I just used my blackberry browser to access my email account at outlook.com. I was able to access it, see and read an email there and then send an email from it to my email accounts at verizon.net and at work. No problem other than the type font in the bb browser is too large for the moment. But I never use the outlook.com email so type size is not an issue now.

But it's proof that the problem (accessing my verizon.net email using my bb browser) is with Verizon.
    05-19-13 11:12 AM
    Verizon refuses to fix. Want me to try a different browser on the blackberry, like IE, Firefox or Chrome. Is it possible to download an alternate browser onto the Blackberry 9930 with OS 7.1?
    05-19-13 01:08 PM
    I downloaded Opera Mini on my Blackberry 9930, it works, but I have the same problem with the m.verizon.net website - it won't let me stay logged in. Definitely Verizon's problem.
    05-19-13 01:23 PM
    Just tried it on my Z10 and it works. Maybe the outdated browser on the 9930 is the real culprit?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:42 PM
    Jerry - You tried to access m.verizon.net on your Z10 and you were able to reach your verizon.net email?

If not the above, how did you get there?

What browser are you using?
    05-19-13 01:52 PM
    Jerry - You tried to access m.verizon.net on your Z10 and you were able to reach your verizon.net email?

If not the above, how did you get there?

What browser are you using?
    Correct. Sorry for the belated response.
    05-24-13 09:30 AM
    I was also able to log in and use my mail on my z10.

My first attempt bounced me back to m.verizon.net after entering my username and password. I then picked email again, put in my username and password again and it worked from then on.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:48 AM
    Jerry and Jonty - Thanks for your info but I must confirm a detail.

On my company-issued Blackberry 9930, when I use its browser to see my personal email at m.verizon.net, I have great difficulties.

PLEASE CONFIRM that you are using a similar BROWSER on your blackberry but you are able to log on to your verizon.net email after going to m.verizon.net. Please confirm this is via the BROWSER in the blackberry.

Thanks. I am fighting with Verizon and need this clarified.
    05-24-13 11:43 AM
    Yes, it's via my Z10 browser.

I'll check on my 9810 as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:57 AM
    Just checked on my 9810. Same thing as the Z10. I hit the email link and it asks for my username and password. I enter it and it kicks me back to the verizon.net page. I choose email again, put in my username and password and the second time it takes me to my fully functioning inbox.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks. I can't make progress with Verizon. Cannot send emails. Verizon insists they do not "support" the blackberry browser. No better on Opera Mini. But I went to the Apple store and used an iPhone to go to m.verizon.net -- I ended up on a different looking web page and everything worked well from the iPhone. Also went to an AT&T store and had the same good experience on a Samsung Galaxy. Verizon is discriminating against blackberry.
    05-25-13 09:22 PM
    It may be your BES connection. I can send, receive, and read mail on both my 9810 and Z10 browsers.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 10:32 PM
    Still an issue for me, and I've contacted both Verizon and BlackBerry, who admit that m.verizon.net is not playing nice with the browser on my BB 9930 but also that m.verizon.net IS playing VERY nice with the browsers on iPhones and Androids.

In particular, I spoke with BlackBerry corporate relations and asked why they are letting Verizon - with whom BB has a multi-billion dollar commercial relationship - to favor the iPhone and Android over BB. BlackBery said they'd speak with their Vz relationship group and let me know, but nothing so far.
    06-09-13 03:32 PM