See below...

That being said, I wouldnt put my trust in any of these vzw reps to remember to do my "pre-order" and call me (They've proved up to this point that they are clueless, lol). I will just sit and refresh the website constantly after midnight until it pops up and I will order it myself.
    Yeah the lady on the phone that I just talked to told me that what everyone else has done "claiming to have preordered" have actually just had the representative come in and order it for them Monday morning.

She said that they do not start until 8am so you would be better off doing it on the website at midnight, but for her in particular she said that she was coming in tuesday, not monday so if I wanted her to "preorder" for me, she could but I would get it sooner if I just did it on the site at 12am.

Hope this helped some people who were maybe in the predicament. You are better off just ordering it at midnight rather than have the representative "preorder" it for you.
    08-13-11 04:57 PM
    Yeah the lady on the phone that I just talked to told me that what everyone else has done "claiming to have preordered" have actually just had the representative come in and order it for them Monday morning.

She said that they do not start until 8am so you would be better off doing it on the website at midnight, but for her in particular she said that she was coming in tuesday, not monday so if I wanted her to "preorder" for me, she could but I would get it sooner if I just did it on the site at 12am.

Hope this helped some people who were maybe in the predicament. You are better off just ordering it at midnight rather than have the representative "preorder" it for you.
    I'd not get your hopes up that at the click of 12am on Monday they will be ready to order online.
    08-13-11 06:07 PM
    Anyone else bummed about the $509.99 price? I was hoping $499 or under.
    So you would have felt that much better if it was $499?
    08-13-11 07:52 PM
    So you would have felt that much better if it was $499?
    Lmao, $509.99 and $499 are like almost legit the same thing, just $10 more.
    08-13-11 07:56 PM
    I'd not get your hopes up that at the click of 12am on Monday they will be ready to order online.
    Really..? Because the supervisor of the 1-800 number told me it would be. I mean not to act like a d*ck or anything, but they completely verified it and not to mention that's been the date that has been floating around before we got any verification and the exact same thing happened when the Bold 9650 was released.. At the tick of midnight is when it went up on the site like its set on a timer or something.

So why not get my hopes up when its happened in the past AND the supervisor of tech support told me to just go on the site at midnight and if I didn't know how to order it to just call them back and they will walk me through it.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-13-11 08:21 PM
    Well. Just spoke to a lovely girl named Heather. Said she'd call me back tomorrow morning to confirm specifics on placing my order & billing to my account. She also mentioned her office hours & will contact me around the time she gets into work. I'm going to assume that they make some kind of commission or get some recognition for their sales...? But anyway, I called the x4679 number & only waited about 4-5 minutes before someone picked up. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot.
    Supercoolmax21 likes this.
    08-14-11 12:54 PM
    Kelly is calling me back at 8 on Monday. Unless I get my order in before that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 01:00 PM
    Just called the number again and the rep said twice that they "have no definite date."
    08-14-11 01:19 PM
    Just called the number again and the rep said twice that they "have no definite date."
    Sounds like you are talking to customer service. The workers are the telesales line are well aware the phone launches tomorrow, woooot!
    08-14-11 01:36 PM
    I called the 4679 number, I don't think that's customer service.
    08-14-11 03:26 PM
    called the 4679 number from MI, and was told they had none in stock but he would contact me as soon as he did. Also, I was the first to ask him about the 9930 so I'm the first on his list. Looks like i'll be ordering pretty early tomorrow. I would definitely call as the word seems to be spreading through reps, and people could grab them soon.
    Last edited by Supercoolmax21; 08-14-11 at 03:32 PM.
    08-14-11 03:30 PM
    When you call, don't press anything for a few minutes, then it'll ask you for english etc, press one, it will put you to a sales person, these guys and gals make commish, they will know of the 9930. If not they are bad at sales

08-14-11 03:59 PM
    Ok Tuesday most of us will have our new 9930's

So whats next?
    08-14-11 04:01 PM
    If I don’t have it on Tuesday I’m taking a hostage!
    Alia likes this.
    08-14-11 04:20 PM
    just spoke to a customer service rep going to let me do early upgrade he will be calling me tomorrow to place my order! so excited
    08-14-11 04:44 PM
    When you call, don't press anything for a few minutes, then it'll ask you for english etc, press one, it will put you to a sales person, these guys and gals make commish, they will know of the 9930. If not they are bad at sales

Every time I have called, I just spoke with "tech support" and they have told me everything, at the tick of midnight you can order it etc. Don't talk to sales.. They will just try to get you to upgrade to the Droid or something and not tell you that the Bold 9930 exists.

I have talked to 5 different people at tech support and they have all told me anything I asked and completely confirmed that it will be up at midnight on the dot tonight.
    08-14-11 05:49 PM
    I have talked to 5 different people at tech support and they have all told me anything I asked and completely confirmed that it will be up at midnight on the dot tonight.
    Midnight where? GMT? EDT?
    08-14-11 06:18 PM
    This is what was posted in the "will we be able to order at midnight" thread

Usually its Midnight pacific, so 3am East!
    anon(2682413) likes this.
    08-14-11 06:24 PM
    oh shiii 3 am lol
    08-14-11 06:58 PM
    I will be staying up until 2am central time then! Hooray!
    08-14-11 07:01 PM
    if i don�t have it on tuesday i�m taking a hostage!
    "classic":d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    08-14-11 07:04 PM
    I called earlier and was told it's typically "time zone specific" - midnight wherever you are. I live on the East Coast, but I honestly don't remember from past phones tho.
    08-14-11 07:04 PM
    I hope the free overnight shipping code is still valid
    08-14-11 07:09 PM
    I called earlier and was told it's typically "time zone specific" - midnight wherever you are. I live on the East Coast, but I honestly don't remember from past phones tho.

Could we theoretically use a proxy on the east coast to order it early? haha. But its been months, I can wait another HOUR i guess lol
    08-14-11 07:10 PM
    i live on the east coast too. As I posted here Storm 2 came out 12:20EST so we shall see .
    08-14-11 07:16 PM
144 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD