I was charging my Bold 9650 and when I went to grab it I noticed it had reverted back to the Verizon default everything. All of my contacts and everything else was wiped and all of the apps needed to be agreed to again. I have everything backed up on my desktop so everything is fine but this is strange. Anyone else experience this?
    07-24-11 05:27 PM
    Nope.

Only thing I have ever seen was wallpaper resetting when plugged in to a pc as it can not access media card.....

But never remotely wiped, You on BIS or BES?
    07-24-11 05:32 PM
    I am on BIS, thanks for the reply. I have noticed the wallpaper issue before, this was the first time (I have owned this phone for about a year) it has ever wiped out my contacts (phone and BBM), email/messages which is odd since I keep my Bold pretty clean when it comes to excess data. My media card still works fine, and surprisingly all of my downloaded apps through app world remained on there, although you have to go through the permissions prompt. Very strange hopefully it does not happen again.
    07-24-11 05:47 PM
    Do you have any type of app that would trigger remote wipe or back up. maybe something went really bad....
    07-24-11 05:59 PM
    The only one that I have that could do that was BlackBerry Protect. However, BlackBerry Protect actually saved me I was able to restore everything from last week and beyond since it is on a weekly save cycle. If not I would have used Desktop Manager. At first it almost seemed like a pushed update but don't they always prompt you for those, plus I figure I would have heard something on the forums about a new OS. I can not wait for some new devices to hit the shelves.
    07-24-11 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD