In one of the articles about the leak, didn't one of them say that Verizon will be making an announcement today for the Bold 9930? Maybe a definite release date? What time do these announcements usually take place?
    08-02-11 08:18 AM
    *crossing fingers*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 08:33 AM
    Somehow I can't see anybody making an OFFICIAL announcement before FanNight tomorrow night.... Seems like they are all instructed to keep their official traps closed until BB has this event..... Just my observation.....
    08-02-11 08:38 AM
    i hope it is true i have been waiting for about 6 months for this thing
    08-02-11 08:43 AM
    Yes it is time. I am still holding out for Verizon release next week. With T-Mobile the end of the month, the 10th or so seems possible.
    08-02-11 08:46 AM
    Congrats to you Verizon peeps if it happens. Why can't AT&T be as cool as T-Mo and Verizon?
    08-02-11 10:59 AM
    So this thread is relevant every day until the announcement happens. If the 10th or 11th rumors hold weight, an announcement would be very plausible in the next few days. Unfortunately with rumors being as such, we are kept in the dark until the powers that be turn on the light for us. It is a frustrating time to say the least, but only a few more weeks....maybe even next week!
    08-02-11 11:09 AM
    on fan night i suspect to see release dates
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    08-02-11 11:12 AM
    I fear if something isn't announced tomorrow at fan night it will upset even die hard Blackberry fans. (Like me)
    08-02-11 12:01 PM
    Indeed. Failing solid release dates (after what was quite possibly the worst worded/executed contest in recent memory by a major tech company), RIM will likely lose their equivalents of Apple's loyalists who got them through lean times and kept them going until their i-whatever successes (pod/mac/phone/pad/etc).

Of course, they must DELIVER on the promise of a near flawless phone ESPECIALLY given the huge delay between the reveal and time to market. I do not ask for "perfection," as it's too subjective, but "the BB experience amplified" is a reasonable expectation, I think.

Then again, real complaints or planted, the whiners will come no matter what, so IMHO they probably should have tossed this puppy out there sooner rather than later.

My two bits...

Still waiting on my 9930...
    08-02-11 12:20 PM
    Yea, really. It would be disappointing If all RIM does on fan night is announce the rest of the phones but not the 99xx release dates, or at least confirm some carriers by now.
    08-02-11 12:37 PM
    If you go to Verizon Wireless site. Under explore, go to smart phone resources, scroll down to "The right platform for you" then click on Blackberry and the two (2) videos that are there are of the new Blackberry Bold.

Now in my opinion if the video is there then the phone must be coming out soon. And since Verizon only releases new phone on Thursday's it could be anytime.
    Last edited by jgsinc; 08-02-11 at 12:51 PM. Reason: mistakes
    08-02-11 12:46 PM
    *looks over at sprint people* so.... You guys want to do something about this or cont to stay #3???
    08-02-11 12:53 PM
    Well on their website they dropped the 9330 down to a penny, but the 9630 is still at $149.99. So maybe not for a while longer? Since the 9930 is replacing the 9650?
    Last edited by chillson1386; 08-02-11 at 01:13 PM.
    08-02-11 12:59 PM
    Well on their website they dropped the 9330 down to a penny, but the 9630 is still at $149.99. So maybe not for a while longer? Since the 9930 is replacing the 9630?
    Correction: 9650

LikeWebOS likes this.
    08-02-11 01:07 PM
    Somehow I can't see anybody making an OFFICIAL announcement before FanNight tomorrow night.... Seems like they are all instructed to keep their official traps closed until BB has this event..... Just my observation.....
    Unless its a contractual obligation, I don't know if a major carrier who has twice as many customers then the entire population of Canada is going to follow suit. Remember, at this point RIM needs carriers more than the carriers need RIM.
    08-02-11 02:39 PM
    not true. in fact, the tour was released on a sunday by vzn.

Now in my opinion if the video is there then the phone must be coming out soon. And since Verizon only releases new phone on Thursday's it could be anytime.
    08-02-11 03:48 PM
    Indeed. Failing solid release dates (after what was quite possibly the worst worded/executed contest in recent memory by a major tech company), RIM will likely lose their equivalents of Apple's loyalists who got them through lean times and kept them going until their i-whatever successes (pod/mac/phone/pad/etc).

Of course, they must DELIVER on the promise of a near flawless phone ESPECIALLY given the huge delay between the reveal and time to market. I do not ask for "perfection," as it's too subjective, but "the BB experience amplified" is a reasonable expectation, I think.

Then again, real complaints or planted, the whiners will come no matter what, so IMHO they probably should have tossed this puppy out there sooner rather than later.

My two bits...

Still waiting on my 9930...
    I couldn't agree more!

08-02-11 03:56 PM
    Why is everyone expecting to get carrier release dates at a blackberry fan boy event? RIM has no control over carrier release dates. This is solely decided upon by the carriers. Here we go again with another group-think and mass disappointment.
    08-02-11 05:38 PM
    Why is everyone expecting to get carrier release dates at a blackberry fan boy event? RIM has no control over carrier release dates. This is solely decided upon by the carriers. Here we go again with another group-think and mass disappointment.
    Unless they have worked with carriers to allow them to release their dates as part of the event. Nor would I be surprised to see the carriers anounce the day of the event as part of a bigger deal with Rim

Of course I wouldn't be surprised either to see them announce the phones and not any carrier release dates

Covered all the bases didn't I
    08-02-11 05:50 PM
    If you go to Verizon Wireless site. Under explore, go to smart phone resources, scroll down to "The right platform for you" then click on Blackberry and the two (2) videos that are there are of the new Blackberry Bold.

thats not a new bold touch homeboy
    08-02-11 06:13 PM
    Good point, though group-think / mass disappointment are just parts of being a BB enthusiast. We are used to it, and it sure would not surprise me if after tomorrow we still don't know the VZW release date.

08-02-11 06:19 PM
    Man im holding out for this phone rim/Verizon need to hurry up!!
    08-03-11 12:01 AM
    Is Verizon getting the all touch device as well?
    08-04-11 06:09 AM
    and what did we learn from fan night? Anybody........
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    08-04-11 06:21 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD