Ayone else being told of computer glitches in ordering systems by Verizon? I just tried to order the 9930 on-line, through my main line account, which is elegible for early upgrade. The price kept showing as $509, despite being elegible for early upgrade.

I called customer service. The initial agent had the same issue, so she transfered me to a supervisor. The suprvisor stated that they are having "computer issues" with the ordering of 9930 that the IT folks were workig on at this time. She said that the glitch is causing all sorts of wrong pricing, at times in the customers favor and at times in Verizon's favor. She started a preliminary order for me and said that she will call me back within two hours or so when they hope to have all the pricing vs. upgrade issues resolved.

Anyone else hearing of computer pricing glitches?
    08-15-11 09:04 AM
    Unless the computer errors and gets the phone down to $99, I am out for now.
    08-15-11 09:14 AM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. Computer problems are preventing the accurate ordering of the 9930...........
    08-15-11 09:22 AM
    yep got the same bull**** too. wtf! tried ordering at 4am and at 8am...have to telesales supposed to call me back...beattttt
    08-15-11 09:25 AM
    I guess that's why I got a $100 credit this morning when I ordered and got it for $149.99
    08-15-11 09:27 AM
    Ordered @ 00:03 EDT and the price was $199 minus a $100 credit for NE2 that will apply on next bill. Only glitch was there was no pic of the 9930 throughout the ordering process, just the missing pic placeholder.
    08-15-11 09:36 AM
    Hey all
    I got the same song and dance from V so i went on line and ordered without any issues. I did that at 10am eastern time. My price 199. Also did a comparison of the Iphone vs the 9930 and i like what i saw. The only thing im very concerned about is my 52 apps on my 9330. Will they load on the 9930? That would suck if it didnt.
    Last edited by NEL-REY; 08-15-11 at 09:48 AM.
    08-15-11 09:45 AM
    I had the same problem trying to order online. Called CS and they could not place the order for me, said that it was online only. Finally was able to get to the poin of checking out online but backed out at the last minute because it looked as if it was changing my calling plan. I have an old Alltel plan with unlimited data and don't want to lose that. Per CS, I have to change my plan to get the 9930. Anyone know if I can keep up old plan?
    08-15-11 09:55 AM
    I had the same problem trying to order online. Called CS and they could not place the order for me, said that it was online only. Finally was able to get to the poin of checking out online but backed out at the last minute because it looked as if it was changing my calling plan. I have an old Alltel plan with unlimited data and don't want to lose that. Per CS, I have to change my plan to get the 9930. Anyone know if I can keep up old plan?
    I was told it would not change the calling plan as long as I didnt change anything during my order of the phone itself. I asked because my plan is around 115 a month and the online page was showing new cost at 85 dollars. They assured me that nothing will change.
    08-15-11 10:06 AM
    I was told it would not change the calling plan as long as I didnt change anything during my order of the phone itself. I asked because my plan is around 115 a month and the online page was showing new cost at 85 dollars. They assured me that nothing will change.
    Might have something to do with your global service, if you have it. I have global service, and when I ordered my 9930 I got something similar to what you got. I believe that since they're changing the old global plans to a new one that makes them more money, they simply go forward without adding global, and then you have to go back to them and add global if you want it. They have been sending me messages constantly, advising that once I renew my contract, I will have to pick a new global plan from their new selections. So I'm pretty sure that when I activate my new phone, I will also need to select a new gobal plan or it will default to something (haven't tried to figure out what yet)
    08-15-11 10:21 AM
    Verizon rep called back. Order was handled and got order number. All things should be working now........
    08-15-11 10:38 AM
    Hey all
    I got the same song and dance from V so i went on line and ordered without any issues. I did that at 10am eastern time. My price 199. Also did a comparison of the Iphone vs the 9930 and i like what i saw. The only thing im very concerned about is my 52 apps on my 9330. Will they load on the 9930? That would suck if it didnt.
    The apps will transfer over, some will not work, and will require the vendor's to upgrade them to support OS 7.
    08-15-11 10:50 AM
    The Verizon rep that I was dealing with called me back, indicating that all the computer pricing issues were resolved - but are they? I was fully expecting to pay $249 since I was under the two year mark on the main line, but using the early upgrade. I was pleasantly surprised when the rep informed me that it would only be $199. He seemed a bit surprised as well.

Looking forward to having the 9930 in hand tomorrow!
    08-15-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD