View Poll Results: Will you buy the new Bold even if it has the same (physical) look?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, of course!

8 44.44%
  • Nope, I think not.

10 55.56%
    Earlier today, The Verge reported:

The Bold runs BlackBerry 7 and is the quintessential BlackBerry smartphone it has a great keyboard and strong messaging features, but is weak for browsing the web, using apps, or taking photos, things many people do with their smartphones today. Thanks to a new manufacturing partner, Chen says this run of the Bold will actually be sold at a profit, whereas it was a loss leader when it was initially brought to market. He didn't say where the Bold will be sold, but it's likely that BlackBerry will sell it in the same emerging markets that its been selling other BlackBerry 7 devices.

The reintroduction of the Bold is based purely on customer demand, claims Chen. "Our customers still love the BB OS device, particularly BB7 devices," he said. "Well continue to make these devices available and support the operating system as long as there is customer demand."

I'm very excited to hear this, because I love my Bold 9900 and there are apps that specifically made only for BB OS 7 which I still use today. Hopefully the new Bold will have better camera, better battery life, and perhaps a better keyboard?

How about you guys?
    Legal Eagle, JC61 and BlazorBoy like this.
    03-28-14 08:03 PM
    Ugh..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:08 PM
    I think it's the same phone, but just ordered again in a bigger bulk to make them at low prices seeing as the hardware is cheaper now that it's 3 years old

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:42 PM
    I may get one. I really want the Z 30. Not availiable thru ATT yet ,of ever. I like my 9900
    Joe Clean likes this.
    03-29-14 02:58 PM
    I cant understand why would anyone buy os7 device... )

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    03-30-14 08:30 AM

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    Me neither... neither can I unterstand the massive demand for the toolbelt!

On the other hand, you need to see this from a whole other perspective!
    The business users of blackberry are in majority age 45+!
    OS7 is easy to handle and it's developed over decades as an easy and well working infrastructure!

BlackBerry 10 looks difficult if you handle it for the first time!
    A lot of users want to stick with their legacy devices...

If there's demand, then BlackBerry should go for it...
    The other thing I don't understand is, how that will fit in the overall strategy with the Q20 (BB10 with toolbelt)...

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-30-14 08:35 AM
    I think it's the same phone, but just ordered again in a bigger bulk to make them at low prices seeing as the hardware is cheaper now that it's 3 years old
    John Chen says they've established a partnership with Foxconn that will help BlackBerry lower the overall costs of manufacturing the upcoming new devices, this will include the new Bold 2014.
    03-30-14 09:59 AM
    I would
    (Reason: like I've mentioned above, or as I'm about to say below)

OS7 is easy to handle and it's developed over decades as an easy and well working infrastructure!
    There you go.
    It's because I still use two apps which are only made in BB OS 7: train ticket reservation app & a local bank app, I use these apps a lot.

If there's demand, then BlackBerry should go for it...
    The other thing I don't understand is, how that will fit in the overall strategy with the Q20 (BB10 with toolbelt)...
    Almost as the same as what BlackBerry is offering nowadays: when the Q10 was finally sold here in Indonesia, BlackBerry at almost the same was selling (and still today) BB 9720 (a BB OS 7 phone).
    03-30-14 10:09 AM