This may seem like quite a basic question but how can i connect to the Internet/use the browser Via Wi-Fi/How do i know it is using Wi-Fi?

I went into a local shopping centre (birmingham Bullring) which has a Wi-Fi network this morning. I went through the setup proccedure and it found the network and said it was connected, however when i went to my browser it connected through my mobile network. I then turned my mobile network off and tried the browser again - i want to connect via Wi-Fi remember - but it said it couldnt connect.
    09-26-08 03:01 AM
    There's a wifi help sections in the forums. I have sprint. Not to many of there phones com with wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 03:08 AM
    just need to change your browser via menu/options to hotspot browser. i actually work in brum myself as it goes and didn't know the bullring was a wifi hotspot so will give that a bash sometime. cheers!
    09-26-08 04:29 AM
    tried it this evening, afraid it didnt work, said something like browser/internet is not avalable at this time - even though it said my Wi-Fi Connection was active?
    09-26-08 12:40 PM
    i went in on my lunch today. same thing here. didn't work. from the site survey the signal was pretty weak though so that may of had something to do with it......
    10-01-08 10:57 AM
    I would have thought that a most external wi-fi hotspots are going to have some sort of security or password settings, and may even charge for internet access.

It is probably best to try it out 'at home' first... there is an option to locate a wireless network, and then you just enter the shared WAP code or whatever.

That's all I had to do anyway!
    10-01-08 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD