08-24-09 02:26 PM
41 12
tools
    Also to answer your questions about listening to music and talking at the same time. You can get an external speaker souce and use that. For instance my Garmin GPS provides bluetooth and it has a loud speaker. I'm sure they're a lot of external speaker deviced for you're car that either have bluetooth or and aux. Be creative!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 11:13 AM
    FM transitters also sound bad in cars with XM satelitte radio built-in. My Moto H15 earbud has great noise reduction and works well. No device is perfect.
    08-23-09 11:13 AM
    FM transitters also sound bad in cars with XM satelitte radio built-in. My Moto H15 earbud has great noise reduction and works well. No device is perfect.
    FM transmitters are junk. So much stuff can interfier with them, **** even your blackberry! Honestly AUX sounds the best.

08-23-09 11:18 AM
    If talking on the phone is illegal why is it not for talking to passengers. There is no difference between the two

asking someone to NOT talk with their passenger is not quite as realistic as asking them to not use their electronic device(s) while driving.

side note: on the television show "mythbusters" they tested the dangers of driving while talking on the phone, focusing not on the distraction aspect (holding the phone, texting, etc.) but rather the concentration (or lack of) aspect while driving. i looked for a video of the episode on the net but couldn't find it. anyway, the test entailed driving through a coned-off course, with turns, stops and unexpected obstacles (ex. ball rolling out into street, etc.), all the while maintaining a minimum speed, and while the person was driving (hands free), then were asked a series of math questions... ex. 5 + 7 / 2 * 3 + 5 - 7 = ? they found that when the drivers got their answers correct would get into or almost get into an accident, etc. just the opposite occurred when the drivers got the math equation INcorrect. never failed.

the moral of the story is: either drive safely and have a lame, non-productive conversation, or don't drive and talk on the phone at all.
    08-23-09 01:31 PM
    Fiat 500 + Bold = perfection *

* Well, BBM reading would be.
    08-23-09 02:12 PM
    Anyways, back on subject, i would just recommend using an AUX plug to plug your phone into. Luckily my Stereo in the car has one built into the cd player, but some dont.
    Its not expensive to put one in either, friend got his done for like 20 bucks (i dont find that expensive, you might). You can also do it your self if you have the smarts.
    08-23-09 02:21 PM
    lmao at the first page of this thread and what it turned into. (Completely ignoring the original question of the OP)
    08-23-09 05:22 PM
    I also have Garmin Bluetooth to answer the phone through the GPS but there is no noise reduction feature so background noise can cause issues. I have it currently disabled since I use a Moto H15 Bluetooth earbud.
    08-23-09 06:33 PM
    Please read carefully. I made no mention of hands-free driving being banned but merely that your distraction level is greatly decreased.
    Talking is talking. If you cannot talk handsfree without distracting you, then you cannot talk to a passenger in your car either. If you find it hard to do that, then you have no business driving in the first place since you obviously never took driving seriously in the first place. Driving is first, talking second. As long as you understand that, and act accordingly there should be no problem.
    08-23-09 11:22 PM
    Ive got my hands on a car kit which piggy backs off the stereo connections, so it mutes the radio and plays the sound through the speakers

Its got Volvo connectors on at the moment so i'm still waiting for the ISO connector blocks I ordered off ebay!

Should be good tho!
    08-24-09 05:19 AM
    It is a little disingenuous to sanctimoniouly preach about driving habits. Of course, driving is the first priority but if you have to aswer a call, then an earbud is more safe since you only have to touch it to answer instead of looking down or fumbling around feeling for it. I agrre that if yoy can't talk hands-free and drive, then just drive.

08-24-09 06:09 AM
    lol, calm down people, youve gona wayyyy of topic
    08-24-09 08:19 AM
    Just practice, practice, practice people! The more u drive and use your Bold, the safer you will be. No need to buy those expensive accessories. Cheers!
    08-24-09 10:56 AM
    Acura TSX. Don't even have to take your hands off the wheel to answer the phone

But if that's out of your price range for a handsfree device, there's a ton of others out there. Somebody mentioned their Garmin GPS. A friend of mine just got one about 2 weeks ago. He has it paired to his phone and FM transmitter enabled. So he gets audio through the car's speakers and can keep his hands on the wheel while talking. He does have to tap the screen to answer the phone though. I've talked to him while he's been on it and it actually doesn't sound that bad. He said it sounds alright on his side. Not as good as the built-in in my car, but a great aftermarket option. Yes, he does have to switch the radio station when he gets an incoming call, but he's got a preset for it.
    08-24-09 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the tips guys, I'd love an aftermarket device that's discreet and mutes whatever is playing on the cars stereo to transmitt the call.

Can't stop laughing at the hillarious post from wazzu!!! brilliant!
    08-24-09 02:12 PM
    Thanks for the tips guys, I'd love an aftermarket device that's discreet and mutes whatever is playing on the cars stereo to transmitt the call.

Can't stop laughing at the hillarious post from wazzu!!! brilliant!
    I have a Motorola T505 that I think does what you are asking.
    08-24-09 02:26 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD