Ok, I have my very 1st Blackberry. Before this I used a HTC phone tethered to my laptop to access the net via my 3g connection on the phone. It was quite easy, all I had to do was connect the phone to my laptop and turn on "internet sharing" on the phone. Shazam!!! I was on the internet...

Being new to the Blackberry world, I am looking to do something similar. I used this feature in the past when I travelled and wasn't where I could access a WiFi with my laptop.

My account is with AT&T. I have the $30 data package. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-10-09 10:56 AM
    You will need to upgrade to the tethering package.
    01-10-09 12:13 PM
    Maybe I should go back to using the HTC. I didn't have to pay extra for that.
    01-10-09 12:24 PM
    If you were on AT&T, you should have. It's a carrier issue, not a BB issue.
    01-10-09 12:26 PM
    You don't HAVE to pay for it. I tether mine and I don't have the package. If I can find the link I will post it here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 01:03 PM
    You don't HAVE to pay for it. I tether mine and I don't have the package. If I can find the link I will post it here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

U R Da man!

Looking forward to it. thanks
    01-10-09 03:00 PM
    U R Da man!

Looking forward to it. thanks
    True its possible to tether without paying for a tether plan. The connection via AT&T Communication Manager is real easy just make sure AT&T doesn't catch you.

all you have to do is download AT&T communication manager
    High-Speed wireless connectivity for mobile devices | AT&T wireless services
    connect your Bold to your laptop via USB cable
    wait about a minute and a half until initializing is complete
    press connect
    and you're done
    Last edited by JD914; 01-10-09 at 03:12 PM.
    01-10-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD