Ok I have read alot of different threads and websites on using your blackberry as a modem. I really want to confirm if anyone has experience using the Att Bold as a modem. I have seen websites stating when you download the desktop manager to your laptop it adds the modem however I cannot locate this on my laptop. Also Ive seen programs such as Mobishark that allow you to use the blackberry as a modem without having to pay for tethering. I have an unlimited data plan and use quite a bit as it is so do not want to have to downgrade to Atts plan with tethering which has a limited 5gb of data. Hoping someone can help!!
    08-19-09 08:21 AM
    You will find 5 gigabytes is more than adequate for anything you might want to do over a 3G network, even with tethering. Trying to handle anything more than this is actually not practical on a typical 3G connection anyway, you need to retain your broadband landline if you need consistent high bandwidth over extended periods.

There are several threads in our FAQ section which describe setup for tethering.
    08-19-09 08:40 AM
    This seems to be the definitive thread on tethering with a Bold on AT&T without resorting to AT&T's tethering plan or 3rd party tethering apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...ervice-139863/

I would read through the entire thread, though, if the initial post in the thread doesn't work for you. A few people (me included) had to tweak the initial instructions very slightly to get it to work.
    08-19-09 09:24 AM
    You can use the link JasW has so kindly attached as well as performing a search for the other 10,000 and counting threads on this subject.
    08-19-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD