Hi; I currently have a bold for atandt; is there anyway I can use it as a modem without paying for tethering from atandt? I know when my sisters nextel curve is around a computer that computer picks up wifi and she does not pay for tethering; thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 11:29 AM
    How to use your Blackberry as a modem

Go go SEARCH feature!

Chris
    06-04-09 11:56 PM
    06-05-09 02:52 AM
    good help. thanks
    06-05-09 03:20 AM
    Why? Because I believe ATT is milking everyone.

06-05-09 06:08 AM
    hello guys - my first post.

just wondering why someone would want to use there bb as a modem, isnt it expensive and also surely you couldnt be that desperate to use the internet. why not wait until you get home or to work to use the internet.

Your on voda you should know you get unlited internet cheap. Well not unlimited. 500mb or something.

What about when your on a train ? why pay for a dongle when you can use your BB which you already pay for.
    06-05-09 06:12 AM
    yes you are right so i can use my blackberry as a modem too (HOW?), are you saying if i do then it wouldnt cost me anything up until 500mb

Yea, i think the thread and the replys saying how to do it was pretty self explanitory. NO need to ask how mate, its already been answered. Look above.

No it wouldnt. Its on your price plan. If you chose it that is
    06-05-09 06:15 AM
    its a job phone so i didnt initiate the contract myself so i hope so, i think i might give it a try

Yea, give it a go. I only do it when im stayin in hotels and refuse to pay 10 for 5 mins lol.
    06-05-09 06:18 AM
    how to use blackberry bold to connect from Mac...

not from Windows...

if someone know please post it up here...

i really need it...

thanks ^o^
    06-05-09 06:21 AM
    Yea, give it a go. I only do it when im stayin in hotels and refuse to pay 10 for 5 mins lol.
    That's about the only time I use it as a modem -- to avoid those ridiculous hotel room wifi fees. But I use it for more than five minutes. I can tell from looking at my bill when I've stayed at a hotel because there is usually something like a 50MB data transfer on those dates, whereas normally the largest data transfer shown on the bill for plain Bold use is 3-5MB.
    06-05-09 07:12 AM
    Your on voda you should know you get unlited internet cheap. Well not unlimited. 500mb or something.

What about when your on a train ? why pay for a dongle when you can use your BB which you already pay for.

... I only do it when im stayin in hotels and refuse to pay 10 for 5 mins lol.
    Exactly why I tether.

When I'm away from home, I feel bad for asking friends to borrow their internet connection and computer to do personal stuff like check email or Facebook. Sometimes, I'm mobile to the point where something has to be turned around ASAP. I'm wary of hotel internet connections too (either they are free for hackers or paying a huge bill for the privilege).

It's a great tool to have at one's disposal.
    06-05-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD