Howdy -- anyone know where to get an adapter that properly converts a phone headset with a 2.5mm male jack so it works with the 3.5mm female input jack on the 9700?

I note that my phone headset has two black bands on it, and the 9700's supplied headset has three black bands (in addition to the 2.5 vs. 3.5 size difference of course). To be clear, I'm trying to get this to work for a phone headset (both microphone and speaker portions), not for listening to music (where you don't need the mic input). I use this headset on my landline and would like it to do double-duty.

I tried a 99cent adapter off ebay, but it only had two black bands on the 3.5mm male jack, and did not work.

Any pointers to an adapter that works? Inexpensively?

Or pointers to an over-the-head phone headset that works (i.e. with a boom mic; and not earbuds, which drive me nuts)?

Thanks.
    06-03-10 10:17 PM
    Did you check the crackberry store ?
    06-04-10 05:40 AM
    Did you check the crackberry store ?
    I didn't find one before I posted, but your suggestion egged me on to check again, so thanks, yes -- https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EA_pk9rb if anyone's looking for one. Reviews are somewhat mixed and $15 shipped seems steep, but I've got one comin' so we'll see how it works.
    06-07-10 10:23 PM
    A followup for anyone looking for same -- I ordered the adapter from the crackberry store as linked above, just arrived today. It works!

I can't hear my own voice in the headset while talking, but the critical issue is that the other people can hear me fine, and of course I them. (Which may be this particular headset; haven't tried others yet.) Success.
    06-11-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD