Okay so I'm updating my Bold to the latest OS and I get to the Application Loader then it goes to communication port selection but the field is blank. Any idea what to do? I remember doing something with my old curve like rebooting it then plugging it back in in a certain time but I can't find anything about that anymore. So, any ideas?
    04-26-10 11:58 PM
    It should reconnect to the USB port automatically after rebooting. Check your device and see if it is on the clock standby screen - usual when it is connected to power supply or computer. If it is that I would say the software is finished. By the way what is the software that you have on your blackberry currently.
    04-27-10 12:03 AM
    It should reconnect to the USB port automatically after rebooting. Check your device and see if it is on the clock standby screen - usual when it is connected to power supply or computer. If it is that I would say the software is finished. By the way what is the software that you have on your blackberry currently.
    Right now I'm running .330 the stock tmo OS.
    04-27-10 12:11 AM
    The next question is are you updating it though Desktop Manager or the Crackberry way. I updated mine with DM (desktop manager) and it worked perfectly and you do not need to unplug or plug it during the right time - it does everything for you so the communications ports do not need to be addressed. As for app loader - it usually lunches communication port when the blackberry is not connected to the computer or the software is not installed. Make sure you either download DM from blackberry's website or just pop the cd inside and install it. Than you will have the appropriate drivers for you computer to recognize your blackberry.

Trust me installing the cd is not bad - not doing it is the bad thing
    04-27-10 12:17 AM
    How To: Run Application Loader when the BlackBerry device does not connect
    That is the method I'm using right now, no matter what it won't recognize it.
    The next question is are you updating it though Desktop Manager or the Crackberry way. I updated mine with DM (desktop manager) and it worked perfectly and you do not need to unplug or plug it during the right time - it does everything for you so the communications ports do not need to be addressed. As for app loader - it usually lunches communication port when the blackberry is not connected to the computer or the software is not installed. Make sure you either download DM from blackberry's website or just pop the cd inside and install it. Than you will have the appropriate drivers for you computer to recognize your blackberry.

Trust me installing the cd is not bad - not doing it is the bad thing
    How do I update the OS this way?
    04-27-10 12:21 AM
    as I stated above install your cd - I think you may be missing DM and your drivers for your computer so it will really not recognize it if there are no drivers for the blackberry. The method you are doing is assuming you have installed drivers and DM
    04-27-10 12:29 AM
    Yeah, I have all of that downloaded.
    04-27-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD