Hello everyone. I'm a newb on the board here and I did a search to see if I could find a specific answer to the question I am going to pose here.

I just moved to Germany from the US and had my wife's US spec Bold SIM unlocked. Well today I went to a T-mobile kiosk and the rep told me that I can use the phone for regular phone service with no problems but he didn't think that the US spec Bold would work on the Internet with their data plan? Does anyone know if this is true? Why would it not work? Does T-mobile in Germany use a different band for Internet that the US Fuze doesn't support?

Bottom line is the rep said that I would have to get a new German phone if I wanted to surf the Internet with their data plan. I don't think that he was trying to get extra money because I could get an Internet capable phone for 1 Euro on a contract. Any information that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Murnutz
    10-14-09 01:29 PM
    I would think a blackberry data plan is a blackberry data plan reguardless of where you are at. If you sign up with t-mo I don't think you would get charged any extra, either he is trying to sell a phone, or hes being honest. I doubt hes honest sales men hardly ever are.
    10-14-09 11:44 PM
    you will have to set up or find someone to flash the phone with the t-mo settings there for the web and mms to work he sim card does the talk and txt mainly you have to set up the tcp/ip(apn) settings for the net and the mms to work hope this helps

T-Mobile Germany APN setting maybe this wil help
    10-15-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD