Hello,
    So I really wanted to get a BlackBerry Bold really badly but I hated waiting for ATT to get the ball rolling. At the same time, I don't really want to spend $1000 for a BlackBerry no matter how amazing it is. So here's the solution!!

Go To: Build Your Own Private & Secure Mailbox Service: Global Mail Forwarding|Storage|Storage|Scanning|Faxing|Mail Notify

Build the simplest mailbox for about $50.

Go to the Rogers website and order the Blackberry for $649 with your credit card. Send the Blackberry to your Canadian "Mailbox" and await for your BlackBerry! I got mine within a week and then cancelled the mailbox.

Total cost: $649 (device cost) + $50 (for the mailbox)=$700!! Not too bad considering the amount these devices are going for on eBay.
    08-27-08 05:28 PM
    Where do you go pick up your package?? I assume you have to fly or drive to Canada??
    08-27-08 05:32 PM
    They actually mail the Blackberry to any US address that you want. No driving or flying!!
    08-27-08 05:37 PM
    From the looks of it, the service provides mail forwarding. So you wouldn't have to drive or fly to Canada.
    08-27-08 05:42 PM
    Has anybody heard when AT&T is supposed to release teh Bold???
    This is killing me waiting for this BEAutiful device. And i don't want to pay the outrageous prices that people are asking for these things.
    08-27-08 05:43 PM
    Wait it seems like theres an additional $10 fee for individual package forwarding. What was the total cost for everything? I mean $700 sounds like a pretty nice even number.
    08-27-08 05:55 PM
    Very interesting.
    08-27-08 06:12 PM
    Very interesting.
    Indeed.......

700.00, huh?

Im fighting with myself to wait for ATT!!!
    08-27-08 06:25 PM
    So have you heard when they might be releasing it for AT&T?? i just can't afford those prices but i hate to have to wait too ya know?
    08-27-08 06:40 PM
    So have you heard when they might be releasing it for AT&T?? i just can't afford those prices but i hate to have to wait too ya know?
    Not before 9/9...and hopefully not after 11/1.... thats about where it stands right now.

Basically, no one knows
    08-27-08 06:45 PM
    Not before 9/9...and hopefully not after 11/1.... thats about where it stands right now.

Basically, no one knows
    I <3 PG
    At least he gave us a date it wont be out by. LOL
    08-27-08 06:47 PM
    Cool service but I think I'll just wait for AT&T and hopefully save a few hundred dollars.
    08-27-08 06:50 PM
    So this was just an idea that I had and by no means was it the only way to get a BlackBerry. I understand that a lot of people just HAVE to get their hands on the Bold (it really is a amazing device). The $700 may be a bit steep for a lot of people (compared to even the iPhone it is really high). This is the safest way to get a Blackberry Bold and not pay the $1000 price tag that they have on eBay.
    08-27-08 11:29 PM
    Wow! That is ALOT OF MONEY!! lol I can't see myself paying that much for it.
    08-27-08 11:41 PM
    I know, I know... "Is the BOLD", and please don't say I'm cheap, but with that money (and a few months of waiting) I'll get a pair of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 11:43 PM
    So this was just an idea that I had and by no means was it the only way to get a BlackBerry. I understand that a lot of people just HAVE to get their hands on the Bold (it really is a amazing device). The $700 may be a bit steep for a lot of people (compared to even the iPhone it is really high). This is the safest way to get a Blackberry Bold and not pay the $1000 price tag that they have on eBay.
    Good idea and a workable way to save $$.

Thanks for sharing.
    08-28-08 04:36 AM
    Hello,

Does Rogers insist you have to sign up to their network when you purchase online or you areable to buy the device only?

Thanks

Dati
    08-28-08 06:14 PM
    you can buy the device only but you have the realize that the retail price is significantly higher than the subsidized price. Theres a checkbox for device only on their website to select device only no contract. its about 650$ no contract after they raised the price, but theres still tax and whatnot. You're looking at about $800+ using this service. And thats ebay money now.
    08-28-08 06:19 PM
    The one thing I don't like about buying from other companies is having the wrong companies logo on the phone...

Like Having it Branded as Rogers- when you have AT&T-

Guess Im just being superficial...
    08-28-08 06:25 PM
    The one thing I don't like about buying from other companies is having the wrong companies logo on the phone...

Like Having it Branded as Rogers- when you have AT&T-

Guess Im just being superficial...
    You can buy new ones. Cellular Accessories - BlackBerry, Alcatel, Accessories Store, Motorola, Sony, Panasonic, Nokia, BenQ-S [cnn.cn] sells them I'm not sure what retailer has the at&t ones but they're out there.
    08-28-08 06:26 PM
    Is there an URL for Cdn citizens to get the same thing from the USA? Many times I find something I want in USA and they won't ship to Canada.
    08-28-08 06:50 PM
    Nah its a canadian company but theres plenty of UPS and FexEx mailboxes you can set up that will do the same thing.
    08-28-08 06:55 PM
    Nah its a canadian company but theres plenty of UPS and FexEx mailboxes you can set up that will do the same thing.
    I prefer to stay away from these as their Customs fees are expensive. I'd want someone to forward something via USPS.
    08-28-08 07:00 PM
    Hmmm or alternatively U could live here in the UK (God Save the Queen yada yada yada!) and get if for less than 300 bucks at carphone warehouse!!! We may have crappy weather but boy we NEVER pay much for our fones **GRIN**
    08-29-08 02:33 AM
    The point could easily be made that they won't sell you the phone without a contract (at least visibly on the website). A representative told me that they "could" send a Blackberry Bold without contract but it would require a bit of phone work and cannot be done online. Anyways, this thread acknowledges that many countries already have access to the Blackberry Bold while Big Blue Globe awaits John Mayer's thumbs up on the Bold. However, the rumors of a September release are becoming a bit strong but I'm a bit cynical about these rumors until I see a updated website from ATT.
    08-29-08 03:15 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD