Dear Crackberry members,

I wonder if you could assist me.

My bold has lost a button and the trackball has become unusable so my operator (Orange UK) has agreed to replace it. It will be arriving tomorrow so I need to ensure I am up and running as quickly as possible.

What are the steps I should go through to help this? I would really appreciate some help with this as I haven't moved from a blackberry to another blackberry before. I will be keeping my Sim card etc so just need to move my email accounts and my blackberry messenger, themes, contacts etc across.

Thanks in advance.
    07-20-09 11:35 AM
    Just use the Switch Device feature in Desktop Manager. You will connect the old phone, it will copy everything from it, then prompt you to connect the new one, and transfer it over.
    07-20-09 11:43 AM
    Just use the Switch Device feature in Desktop Manager. You will connect the old phone, it will copy everything from it, then prompt you to connect the new one, and transfer it over.
    Hi thanks for the info. I think that the courier would want to take my current bb away from me when he delivers the new one, any other options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:46 AM
    Well, you can start the process. When it asks for the new phone. Stop there. Box up the old one. Then finish the process. Just be careful not to accidentally close it. You could also make a back up and restore that, but it will only restore data. The switch app will transfer your setting, preferences, and apps.
    07-20-09 11:50 AM
    Legend. Not much else to say. I love these forums. Cheers.
    07-20-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD