my trackball stopped scrolling down so i put the usual amount of rubbing alcohol on it, it didnt work, i put some more on and i got a little bit on the screen, now there is a big blotch on the screen thats growing, what do i do, will it dry out eventually? help!
    05-27-09 07:40 PM
    no screen protector on your bold?

i would put the bold in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. take the battery out before doing this.

the trackball incident happened to me too but you just have to give it sometime. it works eventually.
    05-27-09 07:44 PM
    Usually just hold the phone upside down and roll the trackball around roughly to get it working again.
    05-27-09 07:45 PM
    Hmm, double post...
    05-27-09 07:45 PM
    no screen protector on your bold?

i would put the bold in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. take the battery out before doing this.

the trackball incident happened to me too but you just have to give it sometime. it works eventually.
    yup took my battery out, i dont have rice so its sitting by my window, do you think the alcohol will stay there or will it eventually go away? i have att's insurance so i can replace it but i already modded it so much
    05-27-09 07:46 PM
    im not sure how it reacts by sitting by a window sill. i know a bowl of rice works best. many people had water spilled onto their phones, and they used a bowl of rice to do the job. and their phone was back to normal the next day.
    05-27-09 07:49 PM
    im not sure how it reacts by sitting by a window sill. i know a bowl of rice works best. many people had water spilled onto their phones, and they used a bowl of rice to do the job. and their phone was back to normal the next day.
    man, its kinda late, you would know, we both live in nyc and in the middle of brooklyn there are no places to shop
    05-27-09 08:00 PM
    allright i plugged it in this morning and surpisingly the screen is fine. even the keys are more snappy than before so it wasnt all that bad, im going to buy a screen protector now
    05-28-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD