Hi, my friend is experiencing severe errors on her bb 9700.
    1. She cannot open any Pictures in her Media Folder. She can see the thumb nails but when she tries to open it to view nothing happens. Also when she clicks on the Menu button nothing happens either.

2. She can also play music on her phone but when she clicks the menu button nothing happens as well. therefore she is unable to send or receive music.

3. Also when she tries to change her BBM Picture she is unable to

4. When She puts on her bb the following error notification is seen:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Her OS was downgraded to the OS that came with the phone 5.0.0.330 by her Carrier due to some bluetooth issues she was experiencing: that is she was unable to pair. Since the downgrade the issue never arose. We tried to Update her OS yesterday to the latest official release 5.0.0.743 to see if this would help but after we launched apploader it said that they were unable to automatically back up her information and the update was aborted. If there is another way to manually backup the phone can you please let us know?

also if anyone knows any solution to these problems, please respond. Any input would be truly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
    07-28-10 12:06 PM
    Assume you tried pulling the battery?
    07-29-10 09:38 AM
    Yes we did. Does anyone have any suggestions at all??? Please really desperate here!
    07-30-10 11:30 AM
    Have you tried connecting to a PC and browsing the card using Windows Explorer?
    07-30-10 11:34 AM
    Hi, my friend is experiencing severe errors on her bb 9700.
    1. She cannot open any Pictures in her Media Folder. She can see the thumb nails but when she tries to open it to view nothing happens. Also when she clicks on the Menu button nothing happens either.

2. She can also play music on her phone but when she clicks the menu button nothing happens as well. therefore she is unable to send or receive music.

3. Also when she tries to change her BBM Picture she is unable to

4. When She puts on her bb the following error notification is seen:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Her OS was downgraded to the OS that came with the phone 5.0.0.330 by her Carrier due to some bluetooth issues she was experiencing: that is she was unable to pair. Since the downgrade the issue never arose. We tried to Update her OS yesterday to the latest official release 5.0.0.743 to see if this would help but after we launched apploader it said that they were unable to automatically back up her information and the update was aborted. If there is another way to manually backup the phone can you please let us know?

also if anyone knows any solution to these problems, please respond. Any input would be truly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
    If you happened to do a search in the forums for your problem, you would have found 30+ threads with the answer just waiting for you to read them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 07:21 PM
    I'm curious if any one has actually seen a fix to this problem. I've downloaded a file manager and can delete the pictures but of all the threads I've seen in multiple forums, all I've seen are "pull battery" suggestions which don't fix this problem.

Any one out there who has seen the fix (and will reply with something other than "this is fixed in another thread somewhere out there in the universe")

Thanks in advance
    07-23-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD