Well, I tried the official update to 5.0 using the ATT official one with ATT official Desktop Manager 6.0. Unfortunately it stuck dead right in the middle of the download. Help. What should I do now?
    10-16-10 05:52 PM
    Do yourself a favor and don't install 5.0.0.822 its full of bugs starting with the ringtones all being silent! RIM had admitted that the OS is faulty.

Get 681, it's the best in terms of no memory leaks and good battery life.

1) Download BBSAK 1.8

2) Run BBSAK then click on WIPE DEVICE, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.

3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.

4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB

5) Download the following OS:
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1137 (Multilanguage)
    Package Version: 5.0.0.1137
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.681
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.64
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.681_du.ex e
    File size: 124.75MB
    DOWNLOAD 5.0.0.681

6) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

8) Delete the file named vendor.xml

9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

10) Run loader.exe

11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)
    10-16-10 07:55 PM
    How long has it been "stuck"?
    10-16-10 11:28 PM
    Do urself another favor and ignore Matrix and stick with Wulf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 02:19 AM
    Well, I tried the official update to 5.0 using the ATT official one with ATT official Desktop Manager 6.0. Unfortunately it stuck dead right in the middle of the download. Help. What should I do now?
    Start with the simple methods first Try again. If that fails review the HowTo threads in our FAQ forum.

If that still fails, the Very Last Resort for a simple software reload is the brute force wipe with JLCmdr or BBSAK. See the FAQ thread How to Recover a completely dead.... For details

10-17-10 06:10 AM
    Do yourself a favor and don't install 5.0.0.822 its full of bugs starting with the ringtones all being silent! RIM had admitted that the OS is faulty.

Get 681, it's the best in terms of no memory leaks and good battery life.

Please allow users to select the build of their choice and remember many will want to maintain a version supported by their network. Not all will want the Dubai build with arabic support and some will actively avoid it with a preference for the EastAsia language pack.

You have lost credibility several times on these forums with your advice. My advice now is to keep your head down and rebuild your reputation.

10-17-10 06:19 AM
    Thanks Matrix and all,

By the time I received your additional messages I had already used Matrix's advice and got the BB working again. All in all I'm pleased but will need to evaluate as I use the system today. For some reason I got back most of my stuff but all my apps are gone. I appreciate all advice.

While I've got you guys, I tried to use desktop manger 6.0 which seems much less flexible that earlier versions. What do you think?
    10-17-10 06:58 AM
    Please allow users to select the build of their choice and remember many will want to maintain a version supported by their network. Not all will want the Dubai build with arabic support and some will actively avoid it with a preference for the EastAsia language pack.

You have lost credibility several times on these forums with your advice. My advice now is to keep your head down and rebuild your reputation.

Well according to the OP, my little guide has helped him revive his BB.

Credibility is lost coz these guys here over did bashing me and continued, with no support from the mods to stop them. Anyone is free to give a solution and it is up to the user to try the solutions and see which one works for him, not simply coz another user says "Do not liten to ML" you shouldn't even allow people to say this and must send them warnings to mind their own business and not post if they have nothing useful to say.

To the original poster, I am glad my solution helped you out, and regarding the BB Desktop Manager 6, I have given up on it as it fails to see the apps on my device so I prefer installing the 5.0.1 version personally. Newer is not always better
    10-17-10 07:50 AM
    Well according to the OP, my little guide has helped him revive his BB.
    Would you like a cookie for writing the same info that's already readily available here on the forums for like 2+ years now?

Also, whatever credibility you thought you had with what, 800 posts, was only lost in your mind because you brought it on yourself. Sit back, relax, help people out if you want to nicely, and rebuild that credibility without crying wolf (or wulf, lol) all the time.
    10-17-10 07:56 AM
    Thanks Matrix and all,

By the time I received your additional messages I had already used Matrix's advice and got the BB working again. All in all I'm pleased but will need to evaluate as I use the system today. For some reason I got back most of my stuff but all my apps are gone. I appreciate all advice.

While I've got you guys, I tried to use desktop manger 6.0 which seems much less flexible that earlier versions. What do you think?
    Sorry about that oopsee! I don't like DM6 at all. I prefer 4.6, but 5.0 is alright too. Next time, try following my guide to upgrading:

@Civic - LMAO
    10-17-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD