Ok, I'm sure plenty of people will be shaking their head at this (but hopefully not in this forum =)), but I'm excited for the upgrade. The 10's seem so cool, but I guess I've decided to go with the 9930 for now. I don't want to get into the reasons why because I don't want this to become a debate thread, I'm just putting this out there for anyone who wants to share the joy of their 9930 or for those who'd be willing to offer comments/suggestions/recommendations/etc.
    Cheers!
    08-20-13 01:45 PM
    Congrats!
    I had a 9650 and loved it. The 9930 I went to two years ago was so much faster compared to it. The combination of touch screen and keyboard is great.
    I have a Z 10and must say that it trumps them both.
    Too bad you aren't willing to make the jump...you'd really like it.
    But the 9930 was a great phone. Lots of customizations as far as themes and battery icons and other things I really liked.

Enjoy your new phone!
    revtech likes this.
    08-20-13 02:21 PM
    Congrats!
    I had a 9650 and loved it. The 9930 I went to two years ago was so much faster compared to it. The combination of touch screen and keyboard is great.
    I have a Z 10and must say that it trumps them both.
    Too bad you aren't willing to make the jump...you'd really like it.
    But the 9930 was a great phone. Lots of customizations as far as themes and battery icons and other things I really liked.

Enjoy your new phone!
    Thanks jaydee, love seeing your posts in the screenshot thread.

I *am* willing, but am hopefully going to enjoy the 9930 and that it will hold me over until I am ready ;-)
    08-20-13 02:31 PM
    Ok, I'm sure plenty of people will be shaking their head at this (but hopefully not in this forum =)), but I'm excited for the upgrade. The 10's seem so cool, but I guess I've decided to go with the 9930 for now. I don't want to get into the reasons why because I don't want this to become a debate thread, I'm just putting this out there for anyone who wants to share the joy of their 9930 or for those who'd be willing to offer comments/suggestions/recommendations/etc.
    Cheers!
    Great choice: The 9930 is top of the line, IMO.
    revtech likes this.
    08-20-13 02:34 PM
    Great choice: The 9930 is top of the line, IMO.
    I'm thinking that I like the idea of a cradle; do you have a recommendation or are they all basically fine?
    Does your battery do well (I know that's subjective) or is a spare in order?
    I'm thinking about the seidio surface and the bb soft case, other recommends (again, subjective I know).
    And . . what are some things I'll like in OS7 that I couldn't do or didn't work well in OS6?

Thanks . . guess I'm just trying to pass the time till it comes ;-)
    08-20-13 03:18 PM
    I bought a cradle and extra battery thru cb store. Use PayPal if you do.

In fact I have 2 cradles one for work and one for home. They are useful.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    revtech likes this.
    08-20-13 03:25 PM
    Just shaking my head here hahaha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-20-13 03:46 PM
    you will love it.....been a great phone for me...definitely get extra battery....seidio has always been excellent product for me
    08-20-13 04:54 PM
    I'm thinking that I like the idea of a cradle; do you have a recommendation or are they all basically fine?
    Does your battery do well (I know that's subjective) or is a spare in order?
    I use the one sold through BlackBerry, though I can see no reason why a third-party version wouldn't work just as well.
    08-20-13 05:11 PM
    Ugh . . phone arrived, was listed as "excellent condition", but I would strongly disagree. The screen and keyboard are fine, but the rest of the phone is in pretty rough shape (imo) . . obviously has been dropped numerous times on rough/hard surfaces without a case. O well . . guess I'll be buying a case for sure.
    08-21-13 02:09 PM
    That's too bad. I remember when I went from the Tour to the Bold on Verizon, and it was so great!

I just picked up a new one off eBay for $200 new in the box. My old was was hammered, and I decided to try the Z10, which went back on day two, and when the Q10 came out, it went back that afternoon. I just can't get past the 9930 how good it is, so I got a new one, and hopefully it will last me another 2 years, until something else comes along
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    08-21-13 02:40 PM
    The guy is willing to take it back, which is nice, I guess I'm worried that maybe I'm just too picky; but I do know if I had seen it in person and knew it was 139 (where the auction ended up) I probably would have passed. I worried I'll send it back and the guy will say 'wth, this is fine' . . maybe I'll give it till tomorrow and see how I feel then.
    08-21-13 02:44 PM
    Ugh . . phone arrived, was listed as "excellent condition", but I would strongly disagree. The screen and keyboard are fine, but the rest of the phone is in pretty rough shape (imo) . . obviously has been dropped numerous times on rough/hard surfaces without a case. O well . . guess I'll be buying a case for sure.
    Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, seller described it as excellent condition, when i recieved it, the state of it.was an absolute joke!! I paid 132 for that, i.wasnt happy.so i.sent it.back.
    I wish sellers would be more trust worthy. And to.top it off when i.sent it back, the seller resold it as excellent condition looool.
    Just saying if ur not happy with the condition then definately return it. At the end of the day ur the one who has to carry that phone about.for the next xx amount of time.
    Oh please excuse the spelling and punctuation lol im trying to type on a galaxy ace, patiently waiting for the right bold to pop up on ebay.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using CB Forums mobile app
    08-21-13 08:13 PM
    So Verizon did not have the 9650 on warranty upgrade so they gave me a "free 9930" Unfortunately, the 9650 allowed you to create groups of 200+ and then send a message to them which would send it out in blocks of 10.

I heard the 9930 doesn't have a way to do this...

Is there a hybrid OS or some other way to get this to work? I would have preferred a Q10 but they are not budging on this.
    08-23-13 08:46 AM
    I think you should have gone with a q10. Due to the speed and multitasking of bb10os, and the app selection being already better and growing. The bold is still an awesome phone though and i have been enjoying using it for the past few days

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-13 08:58 PM
    Goodness, I am absolutely loving this phone. Awsome keyboard, all-day battery life, touchscreen AND trackpad ftw, love the look and feel . . So pleased!
    08-25-13 10:01 PM
    I recommend not trying bb10 in that case cuz i could only use my bold for a few days before starting to miss the things I can do on my z10

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:15 PM