Hello,
    I have an unlocked BB9700 which was originally provided to work with AT&T. AT&T has just released an update for the BB OS. My question is, since the phone is unlocked, does it matter if I use AT&T release or the new Rogers release which allows me to use a higher version of the BB OS?
    06-21-10 08:40 AM
    It does not matter if you have a locked or an unlocked phone... you can upgrade your phone to ANY 9700 Blackberry OS.

Use the Upgrade using Loader link in my signature below... this is the best way to upgrade your phone.
    06-21-10 08:44 AM
    No it does not matter. Just make sure that when installing the OS on your computer, you delete the vendor.xml file. See the links in my signature for detailed isntructions on how to update your OS.
    06-21-10 08:44 AM
    Thank You for the reply guys
    06-21-10 11:56 AM
    Hi,
    I updated my BB9700 to the Rogers release and everything seems to be working fine however I have 1 issue. The keypad lock icon which appeared in the menu is no longer visible also the shortcut to unlock the keypad - A + talk button does not work. I have to manually press the unlock button from the top. However I can manage to lock the key using the shortcut "A" button. Anyone know how I can fix this?
    07-07-10 04:21 PM
    Anyone know how I can fix this?
    There is no fix, this is the way it's intended to be now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:25 PM
    Only thing to do is downgrade back to the prior OS.
    07-07-10 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys. Guess I will stick to this version as the BB App World wasn't working in the previous AT&T release. Shortcut to unlock the phone was so much better IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD