So I used the wireless upgrade feature on my ATT Bold and everything seemed to be running smoothly, but for the past hour the screen has hung on Patching OS (1/3) at 65%. It hasn't budged.

I know it says this may take up to 2 hours, but can those who have done this tell me if this is normal? I want to know if I'm totally screwed now or not. It was zipping along prior to hitting the 65% mark.
    Last edited by swivet; 06-12-09 at 04:09 PM.
    06-12-09 03:56 PM
    You're actually the first I've heard doing a wireless upgrade.
    06-12-09 04:09 PM
    If I pull the battery now will I be able to restore the OS via Desktop Manager or will I brick the phone? It's unlocked legitimately via ATT as well if that makes a difference.
    06-12-09 04:12 PM
    I did the wireless upgrade as well. Zipped right along for me. Only took about 45 minutes. Did you do a backup with DM before you started? If so, I'd say go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 04:16 PM
    If I pull the battery now will I be able to restore the OS via Desktop Manager or will I brick the phone? It's unlocked legitimately via ATT as well if that makes a difference.
    It won't brick it. It may make it seem bricked, but that can be fixed pretty easy.
    06-12-09 04:17 PM
    Yes I did back up but I know it said don't pull the batt at any time during the upgrade process or the phone may be rendered useless, sooo...a little nervous!
    06-12-09 04:18 PM
    K I'm going to pull the batt. Thanks guys. Where exactly can I legitimately download the ATT update then? I couldn't find it on their site - just directions for upgrading wirelessly (which I'll never do again).
    06-12-09 04:21 PM
    Well that was interesting - ignore that last message. When I put the batt back in it just picked up the update where it left off! Blew threw patching the OS this time. Thanks again!
    06-12-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD