Updated. Now Pandora and Slacker don't work. Downgraded back to .656. No luck. Downgraded to .586. No luck. Resent service books. No luck. Did a wipe and restore. No luck.

Can anyone help me? Is there a setting I missed? Pandora says it "can't connect and to check to see if I have sufficient coverage". I have full 3G with full bars. Slacker just continues to buffer...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 10:07 PM
    Make sure your tcp settings are set. Who is your provider?

06-15-10 10:35 PM
    They're on T-Mo like you.
    06-15-10 10:44 PM
    How do I check my tcp settings and what should they be?

06-16-10 03:18 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP > make sure the box next to APN Settings Enabled is checked. In the line below next to APN:, the correct APN for TMP is wap.voicestream.com.
    06-16-10 06:10 AM
    Did all this and no luck.

I DID unlock this phone 3 or 4 weeks ago but everything worked fine. Is there something else I should do?

06-16-10 07:58 AM
    It gives the "check that you have sufficient coverage" error right when it starts to check the MDS connections...

06-16-10 08:08 AM
    Just called T-Mo. After 35 minutes on the phone with an Indian customer support person (1st time I've ever had a person not from America) and after being put on hold 3 times, he comes back and states he cannot help me with a 3rd party app issue. After I explained I've received help before he stated that he cannot help me and that Pandora was designed for Android phones so that's why its not working. Needless to say I got incredibly frustrated and hung up...

06-16-10 10:18 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP > make sure the box next to APN Settings Enabled is checked. In the line below next to APN:, the correct APN for TMP is wap.voicestream.com.
    Wouldn't a newer smartphone like the 9700 use epc.tmobile.com?
    06-16-10 10:45 AM
    Wouldn't a newer smartphone like the 9700 use epc.tmobile.com?
    This is correct.
    06-16-10 11:08 AM
    Just called T-Mo. After 35 minutes on the phone with an Indian customer support person (1st time I've ever had a person not from America) and after being put on hold 3 times, he comes back and states he cannot help me with a 3rd party app issue. After I explained I've received help before he stated that he cannot help me and that Pandora was designed for Android phones so that's why its not working. Needless to say I got incredibly frustrated and hung up...

i dont see how the rep being from india or not (which you dont know) has anything to do with this issue....

anyways

ok i suggest this...

1. Back up BB
    2. Wipe device, and do a factory reset (can do both using BBSAK)
    3. Install latest OS (or whichever you want)
    4. DO NOT restore any apps or data at this point
    5. once BB is up and running with nothing on it (like as if you just pulled it out of the box for the 1st time). Log into your carriers site, resend service books
    6. Download the apps you were having issues with, but 1 at a time... Once you download the one, test it, see if it works, if it does, great move on to the next
    7. repeat 6 until you have got all the apps you were having issues with
    8. restore you old apps (or re-download all them from scratch (which i recommend just to be safe)
    9. restore all your personal data from backup in step 1

now this may seem like alot of work but i think this is the best way to troubleshoot the issue and to see if its the OS, device, or the app...

so give this a try and let us know... i'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it turns out
    06-16-10 11:19 AM
    1st of all, the India thing bothers me because when companies outsource their customer service, IMO, their service suffers. This gentleman was very rude and was purely reading from his training book... T-Mo has always had terrific customer service which is why I have stayed with them well past my contract end-date. This is 2x in a row the CSR sounded like they were from the India area and they were very un-responsive to going a little further to help. This is disconcerting and hopefully is not a sign of things to come for T-Mo.,,

After 3 downgrades and upgrades I am now on .586 and everything works, for now. I am downloading .656 right now, which was my last purely stable OS. We'll see what happens.

06-16-10 11:52 AM
    ctrad45 again i ask how do you know 100% that they are located in india?! you dont... how do you know they arent American citizens that work at t-mobile? again you dont... anyways enough of this...
    06-16-10 11:54 AM
    Says theperson who brought it up...again... Man, soooo frustrated with a few members on here and their passive/aggresive ways...

Whatever...

06-16-10 12:00 PM
    Same frustrations with pandora. Wap.voicestre.Mcom and eapMtmobileMcom don't work in the APN field. Any other work arounds I can try. Pandora is my most used app and I'm feeling lost. Also. Does this Lconnection error" specifically whatever tech issue it is. Does it effect anything else on my phone. I'm no guru by any means. But if I had some specifixs so when I called t-mo. I might be able to get resolution

06-16-10 01:23 PM
    T-Mo BB dept was of no help. Won't support any OS they don't have out yet.

06-16-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD