Guys as of you know that I had time update problem when I removed the battery as the the time would change only by a minute or would not change at all.

Now I called the BB service center and I was advised to bring in the handset which is what I am going to do but her goes...

My friend was over at my place today and he uses a bold as well and I tried the same with his phone as well and its was the same thing for the first 3 times... the time would not change and it would show the same time that battery was pulled out... not the few 3 times it was update the time and show the correct time?

This has me confused as is it a hardware thing or a software thing?

BB service say it could be the the back up battery is not working?

What do you think is the best option...?
    06-15-09 01:42 PM
    Go with their recommendations. They obviously know best.

Chris
    06-15-09 11:57 PM
    I took my bold to the service center and the guys did not know whats wrong with it yes they did not! The official software here is .247 which was loaded and then we checked it it was the same time would not update.. we check 3 other handsets of which 1 had a similar problems and 1 had a problem for 2 times and then it was fine and the 3rd did not have a problem...

After that I wiped my handset and then we tried it again now this is what happens

switch of phone - remove battery - wait between 2 to 5 minutes - reinsert battery- once the phone boots up
    the following happen say if i pulled out the battery at 10:00AM and inserted it at 10:05AM.

time first shows 5:30AM while verifying security ( this time lasts for 1 or 2 seconds) - then the time will show 10:00AM or 10:01AM and then after it connects to the network it will show say the actual time 10:08AM ( taking it take 3 minutes to boot up)

This also took place in 2 other handsets very confused would just like to get to the bottom of this
    06-16-09 03:00 PM
    time first shows 5:30AM while verifying security ( this time lasts for 1 or 2 seconds) - then the time will show 10:00AM or 10:01AM and then after it connects to the network it will show say the actual time 10:08AM ( taking it take 3 minutes to boot up)
    Isn't this good?
    06-16-09 03:21 PM
    well yes it is! is it the same on your handset?
    06-16-09 03:37 PM
    I took my bold to the service center and the guys did not know whats wrong with it yes they did not! The official software here is .247 which was loaded and then we checked it it was the same time would not update.. we check 3 other handsets of which 1 had a similar problems and 1 had a problem for 2 times and then it was fine and the 3rd did not have a problem...

After that I wiped my handset and then we tried it again now this is what happens

switch of phone - remove battery - wait between 2 to 5 minutes - reinsert battery- once the phone boots up
    the following happen say if i pulled out the battery at 10:00AM and inserted it at 10:05AM.

This also took place in 2 other handsets very confused would just like to get to the bottom of this!

NOW THE UPDATE TO THE ABOVE

I did a battery pull and again the time would not change and I would get a pop up after 1 or 2 minutes as I was getting before.
    Note that this is after reconfiguring the email and back up!

Now I did a wipe again and then only configured the emails and took no back up again the same problem the time would not update from the network??? then took a back up and still the same the time would not update from the network???

After this I did a wipe again and then did a back up of contacts and BBM messenger only did not configure the email and its was all ok the time would update from the network!

Its only after I configure the emails that the time does not update!

Well what do you guys think?

Also As mentioned above the time update would happen in the same way

After battery pull ---5:30AM during verifying security --- then the time the battery was pulled or a minute ahead of that and then the time would get updated from the network!

I would up till 2AM figuring this out

Looks like a boot up glitch or some thing?

What do you think of this now?
    06-17-09 06:51 AM
    Any have the similar issue?
    06-18-09 05:11 AM
    guys please can you check this for me...

i know it may take you some time

please keep the battery out of the phone for about 10 minutes

I am in contact with rim and they too have found a issue with some phones but they have no idea what i causing it.

anyways please check and let me know

Thank you.
    07-08-09 02:26 PM
    guys please can you check this for me...

i know it may take you some time

please keep the battery out of the phone for about 10 minutes

I am in contact with rim and they too have found a issue with some phones but they have no idea what i causing it.

anyways please check and let me know

Thank you.
    Sorry man but i have no idea what your are talking about. Is this problem something that could kill my phone??
    07-08-09 02:45 PM
    Please read the main post for the details

Please can some one try this

Thanks
    07-09-09 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD