New OS and VVM support.
    08-21-09 05:09 PM
    Sounds amazing! Its about time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 05:13 PM
    The VVM support is the newest thing to me. New OS's are just what I call
    a weekday on here lol
    08-21-09 05:14 PM
    A new official OS is a big deal to me, I judt don't have the guts to put a different os on my phone... I guess to many bad things still in my ind from jailbreaking iphones in the past..

08-21-09 05:16 PM
    How come we got the Bold first here in Canada with Rogers and now you ATT folks are getting VVM before us? Jeez.

Grudgingly hope it's an awesome program and you all love it.

Okay, sincerely hope.
    08-21-09 05:21 PM
    ehh. I'm not big on rumors, ESPECIALLY from AT&T. I'll care when it is available, up and running.
    08-21-09 05:28 PM
    How come we got the Bold first here in Canada with Rogers and now you ATT folks are getting VVM before us? Jeez.

Okay, sincerely hope.
    VVM isn't all that to tell you the truth. I've been using YouMail VVM for the
    past couple of months and it blows AT&T's VVM out of the water.
    08-21-09 06:03 PM
    The upgrade is a Maintenance Release and not a major upgrade but will add a few features. It is also supposed to fix a few of the phones issues; i.e glitches, restarting, performance...
    08-21-09 06:11 PM

Okay, sincerely hope.
    Rogers has had a VVM service for almost a year now, to my recollection. It's called Voicemail to Text, runs $6 a month and is available to all phones. Might not be as robust as the ATT version, but it does the job. Also, firmware updates go through rigorous amounts of testing, and often specific carriers will either optimise them for thier system or add in extra junk to it, so that increases turn around times. Rogers has a habit of spending extreme amounts of time testing OS's for all phones, not just BB's.
    08-21-09 06:13 PM
    VVM isn't all that to tell you the truth. I've been using YouMail VVM for the
    past couple of months and it blows AT&T's VVM out of the water.
    I totally agree. YouMail VVM is great.
    08-21-09 06:18 PM
    When is the latest estimate for release?
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    Tuesday the 25th I believe.
    08-21-09 06:44 PM
    It also has official supported 2G/3G switching. Same as 282 already has. This might be a nice little upgrade overall.
    08-21-09 07:13 PM
    Sounds amazing! Its about time!

I'm not sure if you remember this, but another nice upgrade you'll notice, since you run .167 (guess), is that holding the BlackBerry key will bring up the Application Switcher. That's pretty useful if switch between applications a lot.

If AT&T has done their due diligence on field testing this version, which they usually do, you'll probably notice that your phone runs a lot smoother/faster. That's just heresy, from my experience running OS's with higher version than AT&T's current release.
    08-23-09 07:16 PM
    Does anyone think it will be an improvement from .282, or would it be better to skip this one and wait for 5.0 from whichever carrier gets it first?

08-23-09 07:27 PM
    The last time that I did an OS upgrade with my Curve. My Calendar was having issues with Outlook on my home PC as well as some minor setting having to be reset. Should this upgrade be seamless?
    08-23-09 08:23 PM
    Tuesday
    08-23-09 08:33 PM
    The last time that I did an OS upgrade with my Curve. My Calendar was having issues with Outlook on my home PC as well as some minor setting having to be reset. Should this upgrade be seamless?
    They all should be but sometimes things go wrong. This upgrade will be no different from any other in terms of how seamless. My advice is to always backup and follow the steps very carefully and keep your fingers crossed
    08-23-09 08:35 PM
    Does anyone think it will be an improvement from .282, or would it be better to skip this one and wait for 5.0 from whichever carrier gets it first?

This will be a slight improvement over .282 (very slight). I do not recommend waiting for the next 5.0 build (.143 I believe) because it has been reported as being quite buggy and nothing real exciting compared to .130. As quick and easy as upgrading is I would always recommend trying the latest/greatest builds
    Last edited by Morganizer; 08-23-09 at 08:39 PM.
    08-23-09 08:37 PM
    It also has official supported 2G/3G switching. Same as 282 already has. This might be a nice little upgrade overall.
    This is HUGE for battery life. Especially if you're on WiFi most of the time like I am. I've been testing running on 2G only lately and the battery life is out of this world. So this is BIG for AT&T users.
    08-23-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD