Hello,

I have recently updated my phone to v7.1 bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714 as recomended by O2) and whether it is a coincidence or not, but every morning now, I get an 'app of the day' recommendation that links back to App World - and I don't want adverts every morning when I turn my phone on!

Has anyone else had these messages?
    How do I stop them?
    10-08-12 04:15 AM
    Try this:

Options>Third Party Applications>P&P for App World, and then set collection of usage data to 'disabled'
    10-08-12 10:54 AM
    Try this:

Options>Third Party Applications>P&P for App World, and then set collection of usage data to 'disabled'
    This didn't work for me... I had to view the event log to determine what was creating the App event. Once I found that I just deleted the application completely since I didn't use it anyway.
    Hold "Alt" and press "L", "G", "L", "G"
    You'll need to know the relative time as to when the message displays on your screen then scroll through the log and look for that time frame for some application prompting an advertisement.
    raino likes this.
    10-08-12 01:51 PM
    Thanks for all your replies.

I had the message again today and tried to get a screenshot but couldn't.

The message displayed prevented me from activating the capture app from the BB Menu - which makes me think its not a BB app that is doing this.

There is only ever one option to choose and when this happens and it tales you to app world and everytime it is to a different app.

My next move is to see if the recommended apps are from one provider.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-09-12 01:30 AM
    Just by way of an update, I have stopped the un wanted message everyday, but I had to remove all my apps and then reinstall the BBOS . ... Now all is well!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-12-12 01:23 AM
    I saw in another forum that this seems to be associated with apps from Parachute Mobile. I had two Silent Camera Timer and Offline Browser. I deleted them and don't seem to be getting the problem now.
    BTW The 'recommended app of the day' messages that were blocking my phone did seem to come from a very narrow range of apps so don't think this was an official BB feature.
    This has been so frustrating I was considering swapping away from BB!
    Hackisackgirl likes this.
    06-09-13 03:18 AM
    @henrycccook:

You were right (in my case)...I had recently downloaded the Silent Camera App and kept getting the same stupid "App of the Day" on my home screen, and most times it wouldn't even let me exit unless I turned off the phone, pulled the battery and did a restart. Once I uninstalled Silent Camera, the problem has disappeared. Thanks!
    08-28-13 04:21 PM
    In my opinion you can turn it off if you disable the browser push settings from advance settings.
    09-01-13 06:31 PM