My BB had its OS updated today - automatically via the Blackberry desktop software. Seemed to go ok.

But now I cant use The Independent. So deleted it and attempted to redownload and reinstall.

When I go to Blacberry App World (via browser) I get a message saying I am using 'an unsupported operating system'.

Software Updates says I am using 6.0 Bundle 2647

Can anyone cast any light on this?
    07-11-11 03:47 PM
    have you tried to install via PC (appworld in your browser)
    07-11-11 04:18 PM
    have you tried to install via PC (appworld in your browser)
    Not yet - it crashes! (Windows 7).
    07-11-11 04:29 PM
    On Appworld I can see The Independent but the icon is blank and it wont download. Clicking on it does nothing. There seem to be a number of apps in that state - not all of them tho.
    07-11-11 04:31 PM
    Finally got it working via laptop and the browser version of app world. The plugin decided to behave. Still getting the odd unsupported os message tho.
    07-11-11 04:42 PM
    im still stumped, but please edit your posts in the future also, instead of posting multiple in a row.
    07-11-11 05:02 PM
    im still stumped, but please edit your posts in the future also, instead of posting multiple in a row.
    Will do. Think I may have a data thoughput problem, despite having a full 3G signal (via femtocell) cos its been 15 mins refreshing articles.
    07-11-11 05:07 PM
    Try reinstalling the os or try a diffrent. Version that should help things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 07:52 PM
    Try reinstalling the os or try a diffrent. Version that should help things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry - how do I reinstall the OS? And is there a way of backing up service books? I think the first install messed some of them up.
    07-12-11 03:03 AM
    Reinstalling an OS is actually quite easy. You could even use it as an excuse to upgrade. Go read the sticky about the 6.0.0.600 at the top of the forum. You'll soon find the instructions in there as what to download, and then how to install.

Basically - start with backing up your Blackberry as normal. (Really just a paranoia step as the process of upgrading usually handles all this for you nice and smoothly)

You grab the package linked at the top of the page. Don't worry that it is for the wrong phone company. All releases are the same. (And the Vodaphone page accepts dud information in the page where it asks for your name... that is just their spam machine wanting feeding )

Install that package on your Win 7 PC.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

Delete the vendor.xml file you find here. (This is what puts the phone company branding onto your phone.)

(Assuming your phone is connected to the PC at this stage...)

Now double click on loader.exe in that same folder.

Now sit back and wait. Follow the prompts on screen. This includes choising the software you want on the phone (i.e. throw out the spare languages you don't use. And drop any apps you don't need).

Then hit the NEXt buttons and wait. It will take a decent length of time. But every time I have done it I find everything backs up and reinstalls fine automatically.

After it completed, a battery pull is often useful to reboot the phone. And you will soon see messages coming in from your phone company as it re-registers with them.

All works smooth with my Bold 9780 on Orange UK.

Suggest you read the whole sticky first, and use some more official instructions than mine, but I just wanted to give you a taster of how easy this really is. You'll also notice that some of the uber-geeks will suggest wiping the phone or compressing or other black magic that is not really needed.

I even had one upgrade stuff up on me. And all I needed to do was just reboot and try again. These phones seem pretty well id10t proof.

(Why is id10t censored when spelt out correctly? comical...)
    Last edited by Batter Pudding; 07-12-11 at 04:41 PM. Reason: to remove the censor of id10t...
    07-12-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD