OMG, I've really had it with the bold 9900!! After my first one was replaced for a new one this device seemed to work perfectly. Untill I installed apps that can be connected with BBM. For some reason this didn't work...

I decided tot re-install BBM. I deleted it, rebooted and tried to install it again. For some reason I couldnt from app world?! Other apps I deleted had a re-install button, BBM didnt! I tried different stuff, even deleted app world so I could download it from the web (with app world installed it switches to the app).

When that didnt worked I figured I would re-install everything with the desktop software. I unchecked the current version (only one in the list), checked it and pressed install. I took a while till it was finally done... and then this message appeared:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Application data could not be restored to the device. The backup data file has been saved to "C:\Users\Barry\Documents\LoaderBackup-(2011-09-08).ipd". You can use the Desktop Software Backup/Restore tool to restore this information.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000024]
    The device booted but was set to factory settings?! How do I get my settings, apps and other stuff back?!
    09-08-11 12:45 PM
    Is there a way I can atleast restore back-up that was made?
    09-08-11 02:31 PM
    I might be a little rusty as I use an iMac and MacBook Pro as my main computers but use my Windows PC if I want to install leaked OS's and what not, but anyway here goes....

Open Desktop Manager, look for something that says "Restore" or something similar. Click on that and it should bring up a window that shows, most likely, your backups youve made. Now if the file "LoaderBackup-(2011-09-08).ipd" is there, double click on it. If by chance you dont see that file, go to the top of the window and in the directory bar copy and paste this without the quotations.. "C:\Users\Barry\Documents\" and then look for the file "LoaderBackup-(2011-09-08).ipd" in that folder and open it. This should start the restore process. Let me know if this helps
    BarryBaas likes this.
    09-08-11 02:43 PM
    Dont blame the phone on your incompatible or junk apps that you installed.

I have FileScout, FourSquare, 3D roller coaster, they all connect to BBM fine and it didn't cause any bugs on my phone.
    Hooray for you....

ScoreMobile, FourSquare and all the other 'incompatible junk' are recommended in the 'BBM Connected' section in App World you dink!

I might be a little rusty as I use an iMac and MacBook Pro as my main computers but use my Windows PC if I want to install leaked OS's and what not, but anyway here goes....

Open Desktop Manager, look for something that says "Restore" or something similar. Click on that and it should bring up a window that shows, most likely, your backups youve made. Now if the file "LoaderBackup-(2011-09-08).ipd" is there, double click on it. If by chance you dont see that file, go to the top of the window and in the directory bar copy and paste this without the quotations.. "C:\Users\Barry\Documents\" and then look for the file "LoaderBackup-(2011-09-08).ipd" in that folder and open it. This should start the restore process. Let me know if this helps
    Thnx Danny! I tried it but it doesn't appear in the list. In the meanwhile I re-installed apps and accounts on my bold. Now I'm going to try to extract e-mail als text messages with MagicBerry. If I can get those back i'm pretty happy. The wipe also fixed the issues with 4Sq and other BBM compatible apps not being able to connect to BBM.
    Last edited by BarryBaas; 09-08-11 at 03:53 PM.
    09-08-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD