I guess it depends on the store and it's manager.
    08-19-11 04:40 PM
    Depends...new customers can return a device within' 30 days no questions asked, will give the activation fee back (if they're cancelling Sprint altogether) If it's an upgrade, there is a $35.00 restocking fee (if bought at a Sprint retail store, no charge if it was bought online) If for some reason Sprint does happen to lower the Bold 9930 down to $199.99, Sprint won't credit your account if within' 30 days, you'll have to return it, and rebuy it..sounds pretty stupid round about way to to things, but it'll be the only way if Sprint lowers the price within' 30 days...after 30 days they lower it...you're just screwed lol...PS; upgraders would still have to pay the restocking fee $35...so in the end it's not worth it to get $15.00 back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are u sure the $35 fee is not due when buying online sprint rep told me its always no matter where u buy

08-19-11 05:22 PM
    NO it isn't, well according to the Sprint rep I talked to, if it's ordered online, no restocking fee is charged, maybe the reason is that since it is a retail store, there inventory system is different and hence the $35.00 restocking fee, maybe they have to send the device back and if it's ordered online, you just mail it back. Again, not sure.

08-19-11 05:45 PM
    I just found this in Sprint's forums on Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint

Sprint Community: BlackBerry Bold 9930 has no Micro SD...

They're charging $249.99 without including a MicroSD card...WTF!?!
    Of course I'd still swap in my 16 GB from my 9650, but that seems pretty cheap on behalf of Sprint. I really hope they drop it to $199.99 by the time it releases. I'd still pay the $249.99 if it doesn't change...it is the best BlackBerry ever, but it would be nice to have some justification for the increased price relative to other carriers.
    This is not true, I just came back from bestbuy and the rep allowed me to unbox the 9850. The 9850 comes with a 4 gig SD card. I have to tell you, I went there to play with the 9930 which they did not have any of, but the 9850 feels really good in the hand, the screen is beautiful and the touchscreen works really well. Decisions Decisions.....
    08-19-11 05:47 PM
    I think they charged a stocking fee, regardless.

I called every Sprint store in this state, and I got answers from we'll have them on the 21st to we may have them sometime next week. One lady, in Baton Rouge said this fall.

It has me worried that Sprint has not coordinated this launch properly. You can't tell me that these people were not trained on this device.

I called Texas/Houston, and was told by one store that they would not have them till the end of next week. The other store told me they would have them Sunday. So apparently some stores already have them, and either some stores have them and their employees are clueless, or some stores don't have them, and I don't think UPS does shipments on Sunday.
    08-19-11 05:49 PM
    I'm sure u can do that...but why go thru headaches/screw ups on your account to save $50 bucks??? Not worth it you ask me. I try to avoid REPS looking into my account and changing stuff around...so good luck

Oh I'm not involving my account. I'm buying it outright with cash I'm a college student and while $500 is a lot to spend for a broke college student, I'm happy to reclaim however much of it I can. Oh well, I'll just wait and see.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 07:42 PM
    I think they charged a stocking fee, regardless.

I called every Sprint store in this state, and I got answers from we'll have them on the 21st to we may have them sometime next week. One lady, in Baton Rouge said this fall.

It has me worried that Sprint has not coordinated this launch properly. You can't tell me that these people were not trained on this device.

I called Texas/Houston, and was told by one store that they would not have them till the end of next week. The other store told me they would have them Sunday. So apparently some stores already have them, and either some stores have them and their employees are clueless, or some stores don't have them, and I don't think UPS does shipments on Sunday.
    I called my Sprint store in CA and they said to get there bright and early on Sunday, so that's what I'm doing. As much as I like Saturdays, I'd be down to just skip this one altogether!

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 07:44 PM
    I whoever asked if they could return and rebuy it and return and rebuy it till the price drops, I believe they will only let you return or exchange it once. You can't keep rebuying in the hopes that you will restart your 30 day trial period.
    08-19-11 08:04 PM
    Spoke with two stores here in Hawaii and they already have them in stock but can't/won't sell until Sunday. $249 w/2 yr. renewal.
    08-19-11 08:08 PM
    Yeah...we have three corporate Sprint stores here and one said sunday for sure, another said idk, maybe later in the fall, and the other said i really dont know. I'll drive to Baton Rouge if I have to. I don't want to, and Houston would be better, but I'll do what I have to do if sprint drops the ball with this.
    08-19-11 08:21 PM
    I saw 2 sprint 9930's on eBay already.....some are already getting them

08-20-11 01:46 AM
    Yup...Some Sprint stores are already selling them. The sad thing is, that stock could have been sold to people who actually wanted the phone, but the opportunistic individuals looking to sell a phone for a higher cost swoop in and buy up the stock.

They'll get as many phones as they can (lines on their account), well the phones for a ridiculous high amount, pay off their ETF and go about their business, which is also why companies raise ETFs to ridiculous amounts, because people like that cost them money, which they in turn pass along to us.

You knew it was coming though.
    08-20-11 02:10 AM
    agreed. im gonna call same stores here in miami and see which decided to sell early...prefer to drive to sprint today than tommorrow. tommorrow its going to be crazy as i have to take son to a 1 year olds bday party and back to school is monday
    08-20-11 03:49 AM
    agreed. im gonna call same stores here in miami and see which decided to sell early...prefer to drive to sprint today than tommorrow. tommorrow its going to be crazy as i have to take son to a 1 year olds bday party and back to school is monday
    Keep us posted. I will probably be calling the stores here again. Maybe someone knowledgeable will answer the phone. They tend to have the worse employees working in the evening hours till close.

Even if they are not selling them today, at least I will be satisfied to find that there will be sufficient stock. Like I said, stores in Houston have them, but I don't feel like a 2 hour trip (which I've done before when I had the iPhone because if AT&T sold you an iPhone and it was defective, they told you it was between you and Apple).
    08-20-11 06:02 AM
    Ok so know I'm thinking of dropping tmobile and going the sprint Walmart route. I want to get the wife the torch.

How are their plans for a unlimited user?

How much slower is their network compared to Tmobile faux g?

What is sprint wimax?

Will the phone ship with hotspot, nfc, and or something similar to tmobiles uma?

Anything else I should know about Sprint?

Thanks in advance!

screamlordbyron and Nels like this.
    08-20-11 07:10 AM
    ok i called all 3 Sprint stores here around my house in Miami. All said confirmed...not for sale today...tommorrow sunday aug 21 yes...whateva! looks like sunday it is...i already scheduled my appt for 11am..good luck guys
    08-20-11 10:03 AM
    So the price is listed as 250 but after reading some comments on here and other sites it seems as if some reps are dropping 50 and letting the phones go for 200.

side note, Walmart will also be having the phone for 200.

So what Im trying to say is dont be shy to ask about a price match/drop.

I know Ill be much more happier if I only have to spend 200 on the phone.
    08-20-11 11:10 AM
    Has anyone managed to get a price from Best Buy?
    08-20-11 01:31 PM
    This is not true, I just came back from bestbuy and the rep allowed me to unbox the 9850. The 9850 comes with a 4 gig SD card. I have to tell you, I went there to play with the 9930 which they did not have any of, but the 9850 feels really good in the hand, the screen is beautiful and the touchscreen works really well. Decisions Decisions.....
    Let me correct myself. I just picked up my Sprint 9930, and it does not come with a SD card
    08-20-11 04:16 PM
    Let me correct myself. I just picked up my Sprint 9930, and it does not come with a SD card
    how did you get yours today.....do tell
    08-20-11 04:34 PM
    Just to add to those anxious like me. If you search Bold 9930 on the Sprint website it recognizes it and shows Purchase Bold 9930 but still shows 9650 I guess its a place holder.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-20-11 08:47 PM
    so what comes in the box?
    08-20-11 09:01 PM
    Yeah, the Sprint box...NOT the sweet BlackBerry black box that Verizon or Rogers has...just the white and yellow generic small as we can make it Sprint box. But all the same stuff's in it like Verizon's.

08-20-11 09:43 PM
    So what's in verizons box?

08-20-11 10:03 PM
    So what's in verizons box?

Lithium Ion Battery
    BlackBerry� Power Plug
    USB Cable