Ok,

I've spent hours with Bell Mobility tech support, RIM, and T-mobile tech support.

Here's the skinny...bought a SIM unlocked bb9900 model RDY71UW over ebay. IMEI is clean. I've been able to insert my SIM card and and get voice access to my bell network. I've wiped, factory default multiple times and I still can't get the BIS pushed to the device. We've tried the host routing table, deleting service books and still nothing. Bell spoke to RIM and we found out that although the device is SIM unlocked, it is still bb infrastructure locked to T-mobile. There is a special code T-mobile has to give me/input to unlock from their BES that starts will a 311. I've called T-mobile layer 2 tech support and they can't find it. They called RIM and RIM told them that they should be able to find it and give it to me. They still can't find it. RIM has access to the code but will not release it to Bell, T-mobile or myself.

Any other ideas??? I love BB and have had them for years but this may push me over the edge.
    01-11-14 10:27 AM
    01-11-14 10:43 AM
    Been there and tried that. no dice
    01-11-14 11:36 AM
    Procedure:

1. Download Desktop Manager software.
    2. Connect the phone to Desktop Manager via USB and go to the ? (Help button) in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools.
    4. Select "Reset to factory settings".

Done. I know this works, as i've reset my old (that I owned) hardware with an IT policy on it before I sold it. This is the way to go!
    01-12-14 09:58 PM
    You will also want to backup your phone prior to this as it will wipe all the data from the phone.
    01-12-14 10:02 PM